Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 296
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jerry A happy customer
I read the mixed reviews on this product and still chose it, based on my experience with so called "customer reviews". I've learned to read between the lines. "Loud fan"? Compared to WHAT? My old counter top microwave made as much noise. "Doesn't have a timer"? Your range right below the microwave has one; use it! At it's price point, it works for me. It cooks, it looks great and still has more features than I'll probably ever use. You want a $500 microwave, this isn't for you. For me, value means what I got based on what I paid and I'll give this product five stars for that.
My experience in the store was a good one. The sales person explained how the home delivery worked, the item was delivered exactly on time and the delivery guys were very friendly and courteous. Very happy overall.
April 10, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by George SS microwave
I originally purchased this product in September of 2014. Three months after installation the microwave started to make knocking noises when on a low power setting. I March the Microwave quit working. Home Depot gave me store credit and replaced the microwave with a new one. My experience with Home Depot was excellent. Not so good with the original microwave purchase.
May 12, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RobF Over-the-range microwave oven
We bought this microwave to replace our original microwave. This microwave fit nicely in the opening and was quick and easy to install. The unit has enough power and the controls - features are easy to read, understand and use.
May 12, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by papa disappointed
The door handle broke at the top after having it for a short time
April 25, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Ands0406 No suction, Rusting steel front, Loud
This microwave was installed about 5 years ago. As a microwave, it is working fine. Heats well and I like the additional metal shelf if I need to heat more than one item. However, there are probably 20 small rust spots on the front of the microwave. As this is indoors, I'm not sure how that is happening, but it doesn't speak well for the quality of the steel. Also, there is literally NO SUCTION. As other users have commented, when I turn the fan on, it goes on loud (aka low) and louder (aka high); however on either setting, it doesn't suck steam in whatsoever. The steam literally goes straight up to the ceiling, having the fan on makes no difference...just noise. The vents are clean, just NO SUCTION.
January 22, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SamIAm Not impressed
We bought this at the suggestion of the salesman, after bragging about a 10 year warranty on the magnetron. I think it was 10. I remember we were very impressed in the store but after we installed it we were surprised at how loud it was. The microwave was loud and the fan had two settings: Loud and Louder. It didn't seem to suck steam off the cooktop very well for being rated at 300CFM. We also didn't like that it only had one lightbulb-which provided little light, and was positioned in the center so it didn't adequately light the right or left side over the cooking areas. At just over 2 years it started to occasionally have problems thinking the door was still open after it was closed. Shortly after that the plate would start turning before any controls were pressed, before the door was closed. Eventually it stopped cooking after only two and a half years of use. Regular usage in a small household...certainly didn't live up to my expectations.
January 5, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Bubba Bad Microwave
After only 15 days it made a loud sound (croaked) and died. The LG mechanic came to check it and said the fuse blew. He came to repair the micro without a spare fuse. After a week he put the new fuse in, but it blew again. He said the transformer was bad. A week later, he came with the transformer and new fuse. The fuse blew again. He said that the condenser, transformer and magnetron was bad. A week later he replaced all of them and it worked. Took 3 weeks to repair.
It has become extremely noisy (add fan noise as well) and seems it will blow up anytime. This is a bad microwave. A waste of time, money and the cheap cost will buy you a lot of inconvenience. Avoid !!!!
June 27, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MadBuyer2 DO NOT BUY THIS MICROWAVE
All sensor cooking features on this microwave stopped working in a little over a year. An LG repairman himself told me that all LG microwaves have a humidity sensor that will not last in homes in areas with dry climates like mine, yet they keep selling them everywhere. I still think, that is a poor answer to an enormous underlying design problem with LG. There is no fix for this problem except to get a whole new unit. If you already bought any LG appliance and are still in your 1 year manufacturer's warranty, get LG's extended warranty, you are going to need it. I bought all new LG appliances for my kitchen (without extended warranties) and no joke, all of them stopped working by a year an a half. LG is terrible, products, customer service, EVERY aspect. DON' BUY LG, you will regret it.
June 8, 2012