Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 23
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Redlionny Have more problems with misinformation than the fridge
Pro: Quiet, decent stainless steel option (and it's not stainless steel), price, size, LED light nice, like the width of the juice/soda/water holder on the inside door
Cons: My cons are mostly due to misinformation. The photos don't show that the fridge is on legs and not flat to the floor; The photos don't really show that the door is higher than the actual refrigerator. Not really sure why and it's kind of annoying that it isn't the same height. The crisper is very narrow -- shockingly narrow (have to put a package of 3 romaine stalks in verticall b/c it's only 1 stalk wide). It's not available to see in person in any Home Depot store it seems.
April 1, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BrandyS We love it!!
The refrigerator is quite tall and deep, but it isn't as wide as most refrigerators. The design is very modern and sleek. We've received many compliments, even when it was being delivered. People were walking by and saying the fridge was "awesome" and "really cool looking." The handles and the finish are what really make this fridge stand out. It's more stainless-steel like in person that what the pictures show, but it is a dark gray color. I think it's some kind of very durable plastic. It's really nice. The LED lights are great. They offer just enough light so that it doesn't blind you if you open the refrigerator in the dark. There's tons of space, especially in the freezer. You can fit a lot of things in the door's shelving (in both the fridge/freezer). It's is great for an apartment and the price really can't be beat. We looked at many other refrigerators and this one offered much more than some of the pricier models. The absolute best thing about the refrigerator is that it is silent. We're very pleased!
February 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ReyBey Just right size for a small kitchen
This has worked great for our needs. We have a small kitchen and this refrigerator was perfect.
May 31, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by disappointed Interior lighting of refrigerator is terrible
We purchased this product from the Home Depot website, so we didn't get a chance to see it on the showroom floor. However, I suspect that even if we had, we wouldn't have noticed this significant flaw in the design of the product. The lighting in the interior of the refrigerator is a small strip of LED lights running down the center, back panel of the unit. When the refrigerator is empty, the interior lighting is sufficient enough. However, once you put items on the shelves, the lighting is blocked, and the interior of the refrigerator is dark making it difficult to see food items.
September 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by msc01 Tall, Dark, and Handsome
So far, so good! This fridge is a replacement for my old compact fridge. Although is taller than the prior one, it fits perfectly in the space without overcrowding my small kitchen. It's very sleek, sophisticated and great to look at. There is more than enough room in the fridge section. Glass shelving and wide space on the doors, perfect for gallon containers. Even though the freezer is not very deep, it does have a shelf which is a plus. Most compact refrigerators do not have a shelf in the freezer. The recommended temperature is perfect for my food. The LED lighting gives an attractive look to the fridge; creates an expensive look without the price tag to match. It runs quiet and the color (gray/platinum) is awesome. Most ppl who have seen it thought I paid over $1000. I'm in love!
March 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ford612 excellant fridge..
Love this fridge I looked at over a hundred fridges as needed a specific size and depth fridge. This was perfect price for counter depth fridge. Only downfall is the dim interior lighting. Besides that its amazing. Couldnt be happier
December 12, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Designingdivine I see why it's been discontinued...
I love everything about the fridge, except that the glass shelves and the plastic frames around them are too thin and bow down in the center when normal weighted items are placed on them. I'm concerned they with snap and crack....
May 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kadera Very nice refrigerator
Definitely an attractive refrigerator, which we bought to augment our existing kitchen fridge. We have home offices and had set up part of one room as a kind of coffee nook and refreshment area, and it was when I started looking at energy efficiency ratings, I saw that a full-sized refrigerator like this LG 15.7 cu/ft Energy Star-rated unit actually uses about as much electricity as our crammed-full mini-fridge.
I mean, it was a gallon jug of iced tea, one of cranberry juice, cans of V8 and hard cider, etc., some condiments and the mini-fridge was both constantly full and constantly running (loudly) to cool down the beverages being restocked daily.
The LG 15.7 is big. Bigger than I was expecting, but we had plenty of room set aside for it. (You'll need about 30.5-in wide and around 26.5-in deep.)
- Maybe some folks think it's loud, but I don't and it's literally 20 feet away from me as I type this review. It's WAY quieter than the mini-fridge (now defrosting out in the driveway).
- The LED lighting takes some getting used to, but I like it. Besides not being a point source like a bulb would be, the LEDs also add to the energy efficiency. (The mini had no light at all.)
- Cools down fast. I know the usual break-in period is 24 hours, but I put a bunch of warm cans and bottles in there about two hours after it was running (the manual said it was okay) and at six hours they're already icy cold.
- Very attractive exterior, doesn't look cheap at all.
- I deducted one point on quality because in my opinion, the glass shelves have a wee bit too much flexing give when heavy items are put on them. I decided to rearrange them so that anything really heavy will go on the sturdier plastic shelf directly over the crisper.
- The shelves are somewhat awkwardly spaced and the spacing between them is nearly fixed. There's no variation possible on the door shelves (four of them) other than removal. Same with the freezer shelf. I did end up removing one of the three glass shelves in the fridge, to allow room for large juice and iced tea containers to stand upright and to allow reasonable space for the middle and top shelves.
- No freezer light. I don't care about this, but if this is your only refrigerator, it might not be preferable.
- Cannot reverse the door opening direction. This almost caused me not to buy the fridge because I would've preferred it to open with the handles on the right. (The coffee nook's counter is to the right of the fridge.) But it was either this model or one with features far inferior to the LG. I don't regret the decision.
- Secondary refrigerator, for beverages, or in home-bars or rec rooms; would almost seem like a waste though to put a refrigerator that looks this nice out in a garage, but it'd do for that too.
- Apartment or small house, where space is at a premium and a super-big refrigerator is not needed; probably big enough for one or a family of two with modest needs, wouldn't be big enough for a large family though.
We would definitely buy this refrigerator again if we had to do it all over again and would recommend it to others.
April 24, 2014