Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 60
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Marc940 Large Counter Depth Fridge That Fits
I have an older home and the fridge has to be counter depth so as to not interfere with other cabinet doors and the dish washer door. It is so great to find a larger capacity counter depth french door fridge that fits! Not only that but there are very few that fit that have and in-the-door ice and water dispenser. Very happy with the fridge, freezer, and the ice dispenser. I like having a place in the door for gallon containers and I have appreciated the slide out shelf for taller items. I really like the slim space ice system because it leaves more storage space available for food. Great fridge. Very happy.
August 10, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by mdews51 Would Not Recommend
I bought the counter depth version of this LG part number and most features are OK. Its Achilles heel is the ice maker in the door which is irritating in so many ways. Not only is it usually over filling its ice bin making irritating noises as it tries to overfill the bin even more and can't. If there is a power outage in your area hope that you are at home where you can empty your ice bin, as it usually melts and leaks out onto the floor. Had to replace two floors. Please read the sticker on the ice maker--it will read differently from many other refrigerators and cautions against its use if there is a chance for power interruption. The LG repair man suggested I turn the ice maker off on this model. Enough room air gets by ice maker closer flap in door to leave a large melted blob of ice that the dispenser cannot handle so you will have to get your cubes by hand or throw the whole bin in the sink and start over. Don't know if only mine had a problem or this is just a bad design, however LG customer support's suggestion for me to fix it (resetting the ice maker) did not work.
July 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JohnK Great Capacity Modern Look
After 4 months it is clear this was a great purchase for our home. The counter depth is just right and we did not give up interior space. The shelves and drawers are designed to maximize the available space inside and they function perfectly. My wife loves the ease with which everything can be reached,
July 27, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 AFTER 2 YEARS
Cons: the ice maker, WHEN it works, is far too small for an average family of 4. After 2 years, the "crush" option is broken. Most of the time, the ice maker will not fill the container to the top. The warranty is worthless.
There are rust spots appearing on the outside of the freezer.
The water/ice disposal is very difficult to keep clean. That may have something to do with our water.
The plastic bins are easily snapped/broken.
Pros: it looks good when clean.
The freezer is huge.
The adjustable/removable shelves are very convenient.
If the ice maker were larger and worked how advertised, I'd rate it a 4.
November 9, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by REPODUDE LIFE IS NOT GOOD IF YOU BUY THIS REFRIGERATOR..
DO NOT BUY THIS FRIDGE ! BIG MISTAKE BUYING IT. THE ICE MACHINE ALWAYS SEEMS TO FREEZE UP. YOU HAVE TO OPEN UP THE FREEZER DOOR AND SHAKE UP THE FROZEN ICE. THE BIGGER PROBLEM IS THE THE WATER DISPENSER LEAKS. WHEN YOU GET A GLASS OF WATER, IT CONTINUES TO DRIP. ON THE WOOD FLOOR. NOW WE HAVE A RUG TO PROTECT THE FLOOR. WE'VE HAD THEIR TECHNICIAN COME OUT UNDER WARRANTY AND HE DID NOTHING. ITS NICE TO KNOW IF I LOSE MY JOB. PLAN B IS WORKING AS AN LG TECH. I WENT ON LG OPINIONS AND COULDNT BELIEVE HOW POOR THE RATINGS WERE.
June 12, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LizG Holds as much as our old much deeper side-by-side
1) Refrigerator storage capacity is excellent. It took me a while to get used to the very different layout, but I really like the full-width, relatively shallow, bottom refrigerator drawer. We have a garden with lots of different kinds of produce coming in simultaneously, and I can tell exactly what we have in this drawer - nothing is concealed under something else until it wilts.
2) It's so quiet - except when the ice drops into the bucket.
3) We use and re-use tall water bottles all the time. I love the way the water spigot isn't nestled inside a too-small compartment. It took a while to get used to not having the third cup of water be as cold as the first, but we've adapted.
4) The ice cubes are small enough to fit in the tops of water bottles. We do catch the ice in a flexible plastic cup for pouring into a glass or container.
5) The interior is exceptionally well-lighted, even when the refrigerator is packed full.
6) The drawers, particularly where components are joined, are *much* sturdier than our old GE. Yay!
7) I can't say enough good things about the team who delivered it. They were excellent - on-time, speedy, tidy, and gave me some helpful tips on using the electronics (not that it was hard to figure out, but still...)
1) Only one (right-side) door cubby can be used for tall items like winebottles and milk jugs. The cubbies on the left side are too shallow (because of the ice-maker). Yes, we can slide back part of one refrigerator shelf, but then it's difficult to get to the things in the back of both shelves. We've been laying the well-sealed wine bottles on their sides and it's okay.
2) The ice bin is relatively small. We've been emptying the ice into zip-top freezer bags, which works fine. We don't use the separate ice bin for ice at all - we keep those odd things we rarely use in it (like Thai green curry paste and tamarind pulp, etc.) and shove it in the back of a refrigerator shelf.
3) I wish it came in white. I really did not want stainless steel for my "cottage" kitchen; it's really jarring. But the LG was by far the best-built of the counter-depth French door models... It's only the doors/drawerfront which are stainless, BTW. The sides are enamelled steel in a dark charcoal gray. Luckily ours fits into an alcove, so the sides scarcely show.
1) We live on an island and have relatively frequent power failures. Twice after a power failure the water and ice dispensers went into Lock mode when the power came back on. We had to un-Lock it. Twice, they didn't. Go figure.
2) Don't forget to put the unit on EnergySaver when the humidity is low, and take it back off again when/if there's moisture along the gasket between the doors.
August 7, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Doug The refrigerator is super quiet and keeps things COLD.
The refrigerator looks custom since it is counter depth and gets comments from house guests. My thermometer indicates temperature is lower inside than reported on the front panel; inside is very cold but not frozen. Compressor is a little loud but comes on infrequently and for less than 10 seconds so no big deal. Water tastes clean and dispenses without creating backsplash. Crushed ice dispenser is awesome, powerful, yet quiet for how much ice is thrown out. You can even open and close the left side door without opening the right side door (another reviewer stated this was not possible). Great product but expensive for a smaller frig.
January 12, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Todd junk
I bought this thimking it was quality. A little over 2 years and its dead. I bought the extended aervice plan and it is basically useless. Home depot told me it would take up to 5 days for someone to get back to me about repairing it. Thensaid there aren't any sercice companies in my area. Now in without a refrigerator. Both lg and home depot horrible to deal with. Spend your money at a regular appliance dealer.
June 15, 2015