Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 135
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by harmar Looks Fabulous
First of all the fridge looks fabulous. Since it is shallow it sits flush with our cabinets and just comes out far enough for the doors to open. We have had lots of compliments.
It is not a large fridge. We are a family of 2 so it is fine and would probably be okay for a max of 4 people. You need another fridge if you have a larger family. Also the crispers are small so if you eat a lot of vegetables it does not have a lot of room.
Shelving is good; inside lighting is bright; very quiet. Also, I have no problems with the freezer. I have had it about 2 months so I have had time to really get used to it.
Before I bought it I had another fridge picked out but then went to the store and the LG just shined.
December 9, 2012
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by pebs Owned for 18 mos, noise still drives me crazy
Like everybody else we bought this because it's counter depth and had good reviews. But the hum & noise drives me insane. I'm constantly trying to rearrange items in the door shelves, or have to press on the shelves themselves. The vibration when it runs rattles the contents, and even when you get things arranged so they don't rattle the hum is LOUD. LG techs came out 3x while it was still under warranty. The first time he did find a coil inside that was touching something, but after that they said there was nothing they could do. Losing 4" of refrigerator sticking out wasn't worth this aggravation, wish I'd kept my old refrigerator (also an LG.)
August 12, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by joacchim Great design, poor implementation, high price
Bought this fridge one month ago to replace our dead J...A..
- Extremely quiet. Quietest fridge I have ever owned.
- Cabinet depth for shallow openings (see other comment below)
- Lots of storage space in the upper fridge doors.
- LED lighting in upper fridge is nice and bright.
- Stated width does not allow for hinge sides of doors. If you have a 36" wide opening as I do, you cannot place the fridge all the way into the opening so that it's flush, else the french doors will bind in the opening when opened. Add 1/4" to width dimension to allow for flush install. (And mine's a tight fit despite the opening being 1/4" wider than the fridge's stated width spec of 35-3/4".)
- Freezer organization is barely adequate. One vertical divider can be used to separate meat from other stuff but the freezer drawer is so deep that things just pile up on one another, making them hard to find. Upper drawer is nice, tho'.
- Not offered in black or white, only stainless steel finish.
- Temperature display is the setpoint, not the actual temperature. I would like to know what it really is, not just what I have set it for. Nice for setting the temp but otherwise useless.
- Expensive for a smallish refrigerator. Thus my low value rating.
- Manual states you must leave 2" behind fridge for air flow, so add 2" to stated depth dimension to determine if it will fit "flush" into your space.
November 11, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tom323 Great Fridge
After looking at many models and makes of refrigerators, I finally decided on the LG. I was looking for a fridge with just an icemaker and not a water dispenser. This one seemed to fit the bill. I love the large spacious freezer at the bottom ,compared to other manufacturers. The linear compressor was also a selling feature for me. I have had it for about two months now and just love it. The only bad feature is that my washer & dryer are also in my kitchen next to the fridge. They look so old now next to the nice shiny stainless fridge. Now my next purchase will be a new LG washer and dryer.
August 15, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Gullible LG hum headache
Refrigerator is eight months old, and have already had the compressor and condensor fan replaced. Took ten trips to get this far and now they tell me the hum that it makes now is normal operational noise. I can't sit in my living room and read without some music to cover up the annoying frig noise. Very frustrating and the last Home Depot repairman had a bad attitude as if I was the problem. Repairmen also dented my stainless steel cladded door, awesome. I will never buy another LG product.
February 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Pam Very impressed with this refrigerator!
Other than the extra expense due to the counter depth size, we are very pleased with this refrigerator. A favorite feature is opening both doors which allow for party platters or large dishes. Also like the middle drawer which we put breakfast fruits, yogurt and often used items so it is not necessary to open the large top doors. Freezer interior drawers are convenient too. Really like the sleek appearance as well! Two of our friends are already looking into replacing their refrigerators and purchasing this one!
August 17, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Gracie Buyer Beware
We purchased this from Home Depot in 2010 for $2200. We did not get the extended warranty. It's now dead on my kitchen floor only 4 years later, the repair cost estimate at about $1000, the motherboard dead and so is the compressor. We are purchasing a new fridge. Every LG appliance I've purchased looks great, works great, then dies long before its time. I won't be purchasing LG again. They are expensive and they do not last. I've had their dishwasher, their washer/dryer, and now their fridge. All are taking up space in a landfill and soon to be joined by the fridge. Hasta la Vista, LG. Don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out the door.
August 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by newyorker Love it
I love my new frig. It's bright, has lots of room and since it's shallow depth things don't get buried like my old frig....some reviewers don't like the alarm but, with 2 kids constantly opening the frig, the alarm has come in very handy. Doesn't bother me at all. Only downside is that I had to remove one of the top shelves to make room for 1 liter bottles of seltzer. If they had designed one of the shelves to accomodate the liter and a short shelf for short items like jars, that would have been useful. But overall excellent. Also, be aware that this product is not the 'fingerprint free' stainless - make sure you buy the stainless steel cleaner product!
November 5, 2013