Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 201
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Stephen LG 26.5 CU. FT. Fridge
Staineless refrigerator arrived at our house with a a significant scratch about 1/3 up from floor. Very evident on the side exposed to sight lines from anyone in kitchen. We know the fridge will wear as we use it...was just EXTREMELY disappointed that Home Depot damage our brand new fridge. Should either be a discount offered or a return of the fridge. I can send pics if you want them, but I'm sure the delivery crew saw it on right side panel.
July 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by lenzix5 Very pleased
unit was very easy to install and the features are excellent. getting this fridge on sale was an added bonus. I'm hoping to see significant energy savings also. I follow homedepot online and have scored big savings over regular prices.
September 23, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by texasbluedog Good Product...a few flaws...
We needed a replacement refrigerator right away and didn't want to spend $2500 plus on a new one. We've had it for 3 weeks now and here are the pros and cons.
* affordablly priced Stainless refrigerator that runs quitely.
* Looks good.
* 60 second door alarm...very cool...I can't tell you how many times the kids have left the refrigerator door open...the alarm sounds when the door is left open for more than 60 seconds.
* Our #1 complaint is the LED lighting...looked good in the store with nothing on the shelves, but once you fill the shelves there is not enough light to even read a label on a jar.
* Something I would have never even thought about was the fact that the top of the regrigerator is NOT flat. It has a large 16" X 17" electrical cover plate that sit up 1/4"...if you're like us we like to put items up on top of the refrigerator, but this plate makes it very difficult to place large items evenly
* Ice and water dispenser light is just a green led light and the problem is that its very hard to identify what it's set on. It would be great if LG could illuminate the actual icon (CUBE, WATER or CRUSH). It seems whenever I want a glass of water its set on crush and now I have ice all over the floor.
I hope this review helps.
April 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Spiderman Ice Maker Works!
We had a Whirlpool but the icemaker was always a problem because it jammed. I was reluctant to spend so much money for this reason alone but we were totally fed up after a couple of years. In the meantime all my other appliances changed from white to stainless steel or black. To my dismay there were very few side by side models available on the floor. There was no way I was going to spend an extra $1,000.00 for a French door model. I found this model on the internet and took the chance. It seems a lot bigger, we always have room. There is not quite as much flexibility on shelf placement as I had before but I have adjusted. The door holds a lot of foods and the freezer is much bigger. I haven't found anything that looks easy to break and we always have plenty of ice. Now I wonder why I waited so long.
January 31, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JD98 Great quality/price point
Haven't had the new fridge too long, but so far so good. I particularly like the ice maker's large capacity, speed, and metal (not plastic) auger.
December 17, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Joe NO LG SERVICE !
I bought 5 major appliances 16 months ago. Last week, my refrig-freezer ice tray started to leak inside the freezer. What I found was a twisted cheap plastic ice tray that is leaning too much to the front left. The tray is only $6 ! But, I don't know how to install it. It looks like the icemaker unit needs to be removed. When I called LG, the first question they asked is "Did you buy the Extended Warranty ? I wasn't able to afford them, especially for all 5 units, fridge, dishwasher, gas range and washer and dryer. When I said I had not, that was the end of my help. Even If I need the complete icemaker, it's retail is only $105, which I would replace if I were LG. I was told about LG service. Now I found out first hand. Keep Away !
November 5, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by bd Love the refrigerator, but...
had to get LG service to install a missing screw to the rail for the last draw in the freezer section. Also, the LG tech replaced a screw on the door hinge because it was a wood screw instead of a machine screw.
December 29, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Davee Ice maker is terrible
This has a terrible ice maker. I got tired of struggling with the ice maker and turned it off and shut off the water line.
December 24, 2015