Rated 4 out of 5Â by 139
Rated 3 out of 5Â by texasbluedog Good Product...a few flaws...
We needed a replacement refrigerator right away and didn't want to spend $2500 plus on a new one. We've had it for 3 weeks now and here are the pros and cons.
* affordablly priced Stainless refrigerator that runs quitely.
* Looks good.
* 60 second door alarm...very cool...I can't tell you how many times the kids have left the refrigerator door open...the alarm sounds when the door is left open for more than 60 seconds.
* Our #1 complaint is the LED lighting...looked good in the store with nothing on the shelves, but once you fill the shelves there is not enough light to even read a label on a jar.
* Something I would have never even thought about was the fact that the top of the regrigerator is NOT flat. It has a large 16" X 17" electrical cover plate that sit up 1/4"...if you're like us we like to put items up on top of the refrigerator, but this plate makes it very difficult to place large items evenly
* Ice and water dispenser light is just a green led light and the problem is that its very hard to identify what it's set on. It would be great if LG could illuminate the actual icon (CUBE, WATER or CRUSH). It seems whenever I want a glass of water its set on crush and now I have ice all over the floor.
I hope this review helps.
April 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by JD98 Great quality/price point
Haven't had the new fridge too long, but so far so good. I particularly like the ice maker's large capacity, speed, and metal (not plastic) auger.
December 17, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5Â by BobsMom WORST purchase EVER!!
Glad that we purchased the extended warranty, but that was not enough. During the 1st year , ice maker was replaced 3 times, and then 4 times with the extended. At that point, after warranty, plastic rails on the Ice Maker broke, replaced them. Still not working properly, would freeze up , not spilling ice. but would continue to try to fill up the tray, hence dripping/shooting water in to the freezer. Freezer looked like an ice castle. No further help from LG. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Have been buying bagged ice for 8 months now. If the option were to rate zero stars, would do so . Walk away from this one!!!!!!
June 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by lenzix5 Very pleased
unit was very easy to install and the features are excellent. getting this fridge on sale was an added bonus. I'm hoping to see significant energy savings also. I follow homedepot online and have scored big savings over regular prices.
September 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Mamamouser15 Over all a great fridge for the price
This refrigerator was a great purchase for the amount I paid. Both the freezer and refrigerator are very spacious. The Freezer has wire racks, which we prefer because they are way more sturdy than the plastic ones. In the refrigerator... The shelves are held up with metal supports and the door shelfing is sturdy and well constructed. Over all we are enjoying this refrigerator. My one complaint is the ice/water dispenser. There is one button. Press once for cubed twice for crushed and three times for water and you have troubled seeing what you have selected as your selection is not lit up. The other is that the freezer and refrigerator temperature adjustment are is this location and are easily bumped while getting ice and water and the inside temperature is often tampered with by mistake.
August 21, 2013