Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 611
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by MaryofVA Ice Maker Broke 6 months later
Bought it in February 2016 and in early September the ice maker stopped working. I expected at least one year before an issue occurred, no one makes quality products anymore. The replacement water filters also don't last as long as they claim if you use the ice/water AND they aren't cheap. Want to clean behind it or under it? You need 2 people to move it because the wheels are useless. Also the beeper when the door is open more than 40 seconds is beyond annoying. If I'm filling or cleaning the inside I know the doors are open STOP beeping at me. I don't think I'll buy an LG appliance again. A lot of money for not a lot of pros.
September 9, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nick Fridge
Love the slim line in door ice....frees up a lot of space in the fridge!!!
September 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Morphus My Darth Vader Refrigerator
Got this in black. Huge interior. Adjustable shelves allows custom configuration to meet your needs.
September 20, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Oldviking Massive failure of both LG and Home Depot
Very friendly, easy order process. Problem started when refrig failed right out of the box. A call to Home Depot was met with absolute indifference, with a statement to "call LG". I can see why LG has the worst rating possible for customer service. Refrig failed on a Wednesday delivery, and LG said they could not possibly call back until at least the following Tuesday. A "repairman" they recommended stated it could not be fixed. Another call to LG, and it would be at least another week to "evaluate". Another call to Home Depot said they could not refund money, and to call LG again. It looks like a MINIMUM of 2 weeks to get a replacement refrig, if then. Remember, this failed right out of the box. I don't even know why LG has a Customer Service number....they provide absolutely nothing! Biggest mistake of my life to order a LG product thru Home Depot.
April 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rudyg Only have had 1 month
After extensive research to replace our 11 yr. old kitchen aid. We settled on this brand and model. New appliances are all terribly expensive, so to rate product value is a little ridiculous. So far overall product seems good. Only complaint would be the doors are a little hard closing sort of light. Really have to make sure you close them tight
January 26, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MACustomer2015 not cooling under warranty 21-27 day BACKORDER?? and I should wait?
The fridge was ok for the first few month, it had some features I thought would work for us but it was a poor choice and the service from LG is not what I expect for an under warranty 7 month old fridge.
We bought this fridge because we did not lose space to the icemaker. About 6 months after purchase I noticed there was frozen water under the veggie draws, it then it turned into water dripping every time you opened the fridge. We called for service and spent 20 minutes x 2 hold talking and holding the phone up to the diagnostic and then they sent someone out to fix it. It was the water container in the door where the tube hadn't been connected right. (the water isn't really as cold as my 20 year old fridge anyway but I am told that is normal now). Ok -stuff happens but not such great quality control.
After that we noticed the fridge seemed warmer then our old fridge, frankly I think the ice on the bottom of the fridge turning to water was actually the first sign of a temperature drop. It was fine when we first bought it. We put a thermometer in it and it was about 50.. So we called again around thanksgiving. Same deal twice with the phone to the door open and close freezer ect. and ok they send someone out. The service guy gets approval to do a grill and assembly replacement and says he has to order the parts. Service company calls back and says 21-27 days for the part. I call LG and say this is not acceptable, after 25 minutes on the phone they give me someone else who will refer my call for an alternate resolution in 2-3 days. It is now Friday, the fridge I bought in early April is not working already for a week with no timeline to fix. IT IS A FRIDGE .. the 20 year old one in the basement never had a problem. SO no I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND AN LG.
December 4, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Roadrunner We've been happy with the performance of this fridge.
As the main refrigerator for our house, this unit has received daily, almost continuous use since we got it over two years ago. It has been a good refrigerator so far with only a few minor issues.
What’s been good:
1. The controls are easy to access and change (temp, ice settings, freezer, etc).
2. The water filter is a nice thing to have and is easily accessible. However, it does take a bit of pressure to pull it out and properly seat a new one.
3. The freezer is roomy, can hold a lot of items and has a handy shelf for storing easily accessible items on the top.
4. The shelving system is easily removed and easily adjusted for different heights. This is the same for the door shelves.
5. The ice maker is quick to make ice, especially on the ice plus setting.
6. The shelf that retracts is also a handy feature which allows for taller items.
7. The controls are lockable which is nice to keep the little ones from adjusting the settings.
What could be improved:
1. The refrigerator is fairly loud when the compressor is running. I have pulled it out several times and cleaned the dust out but it has always been loud.
2. The door shelves can easily break (they’re just plastic) if they are slightly overloaded (as we found out after we apparently put one too many items in the door).
3. It seems like the air isn’t distributed evenly as items on the top shelf in the back can easily freeze.
4. The stainless steel doors are not magnetic and so attaching the children’s’ drawings requires tape.
5. The ice can sometimes get stuck in the dispenser which requires opening it up and picking it out. I have noticed though that this only happens if the ice maker has not been regularly used.
September 2, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Trish Stained new tile floor.
LG will not stand behind it's products. We purchased this fridge 8 months ago and with in 1 week of having it in our home we noticed that our new tile floor was absorbing liquid/grease/oil from the wheels on the bottom of the fridge. We moved on to the hardwood assuming it was just moisture and it would dry up, only to realize it was not and it has now also damaged out hardwood floor. LG will not take responsibility for this and tells us that the stains that are in a square patter are inconsistent with the wheel location on the fridge. You can even go in to any show room at a big box store and see the concrete stained under the fridges. They take a very long time to respond to any claims and it is next to impossible to speak with anyone on the phone. Do not buy LG id you are expecting a company that will back up their products.
July 11, 2016