Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 608
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Roadrunner We've been happy with the performance of this fridge.
As the main refrigerator for our house, this unit has received daily, almost continuous use since we got it over two years ago. It has been a good refrigerator so far with only a few minor issues.
What’s been good:
1. The controls are easy to access and change (temp, ice settings, freezer, etc).
2. The water filter is a nice thing to have and is easily accessible. However, it does take a bit of pressure to pull it out and properly seat a new one.
3. The freezer is roomy, can hold a lot of items and has a handy shelf for storing easily accessible items on the top.
4. The shelving system is easily removed and easily adjusted for different heights. This is the same for the door shelves.
5. The ice maker is quick to make ice, especially on the ice plus setting.
6. The shelf that retracts is also a handy feature which allows for taller items.
7. The controls are lockable which is nice to keep the little ones from adjusting the settings.
What could be improved:
1. The refrigerator is fairly loud when the compressor is running. I have pulled it out several times and cleaned the dust out but it has always been loud.
2. The door shelves can easily break (they’re just plastic) if they are slightly overloaded (as we found out after we apparently put one too many items in the door).
3. It seems like the air isn’t distributed evenly as items on the top shelf in the back can easily freeze.
4. The stainless steel doors are not magnetic and so attaching the children’s’ drawings requires tape.
5. The ice can sometimes get stuck in the dispenser which requires opening it up and picking it out. I have noticed though that this only happens if the ice maker has not been regularly used.
September 2, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Trish Stained new tile floor.
LG will not stand behind it's products. We purchased this fridge 8 months ago and with in 1 week of having it in our home we noticed that our new tile floor was absorbing liquid/grease/oil from the wheels on the bottom of the fridge. We moved on to the hardwood assuming it was just moisture and it would dry up, only to realize it was not and it has now also damaged out hardwood floor. LG will not take responsibility for this and tells us that the stains that are in a square patter are inconsistent with the wheel location on the fridge. You can even go in to any show room at a big box store and see the concrete stained under the fridges. They take a very long time to respond to any claims and it is next to impossible to speak with anyone on the phone. Do not buy LG id you are expecting a company that will back up their products.
July 11, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mar Love it!
I love it! Almost a 5 star but have that it long enough to make sure there are no issues. It isn't loud. So spacious inside the fridge and freezer! Love the ability to have a wine bottles standing up on the shelf. Did notice the one door is slightly higher than the other and almost sent it back for replacement but all instore models are the same and it doesn't hurt the seal or anything for that matter. The left crisper got a little too cold when on vegetable setting so moved it to the middle.
September 20, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JDCrony Nice quiet refrigerator with lots of room. But does have a weak point.
Have had this refrigerator for a couple of years now. Purchased it at the end of November 2013. I was concerned when purchasing about the lightness of the door bins and all the drawers. The gauge of the plastic seemed thin compared to my last unit. But figured LG makes quality products and they must know what they are doing. Problem is, the door bins break very easily between the clear / with plastic part. I now have 3 bins I have to replace for the same exact problem. I suppose I could epoxy these bins back together, but I hate the idea of doing so on $2700.00 refrigerator. It would look very unsightly still pretty new refrigerator. LG will not replace them, and my 5 year home depot extended warranty will not cover it as well. My last refrigerator had milk door bins, etc. And lasted the whole 15 years I owned the unit. Would not recommend buying this refrigerator unless you are ready to replace these bins at $30 a pop from time to time.
May 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nae Great for price range
We were wanting a new fridge and I wanted the french door style to replace our side by side. I read all kinds of reviews first. I am so glad we didnt spend the extra money on the one with 2 ice makers. That was the main complaint I read was it didn't make enough ice. We have 2 teenage boys with friends over all the time. We never have a problem with ice. I keep the bottom ice storage filled. Every few nights I check the bottom ice bucket to make sure it is full, during the weekend I check it each night. If it needs it I'll dump ice from the ice maker that way it will be full again the next morning.
August 31, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WDM24 Different kind of storage if you're new to French Door refrigerators....
We just got our fridge & so far I have to admit, it's taking some getting used to. When we were shopping for refrigerators in the store, I never even thought about where to put my butter. But there isn't a compartment for butter like there is in the door of most refrigerators! Also, the platter tray is a nice idea...but really, you have to use it for your deli meats & cheeses because there is no separate drawer for those items. I guess if you DO use it to store a party platter, you'll have to take out everything else that you've been keeping there. I'm also struggling with not having enough door space for all our condiments. Just a few things to keep in mind if you're going from a standard fridge to a French door model like we are. I'm not sure I like it....
September 2, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mo Refrigerator purchase
Refrigerator purchase. Good looking. Fits space purchase order online went smoothly unlike Lowes
September 20, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sunshine refrigerator purchase
I found the refrigerator very complicated to use. Had to have someone install the ice maker and tell me how to use the ice container in the freezer. The stainless steel exterior is hard to keep clean.
September 13, 2016