Rated 4.8 out of 5Â by 253
Rated 4 out of 5Â by DT Good unit but lacking in some features
It is a good unit but could use some enhancements in terms of features:
1. Ice machine very small for the size of the refrigerator and has hard time keeping up with demand for 2 people (big issue)
2. Temperature display shows what the unit is set for rather than the actual temperature inside the fridge & freezer (fairly big issue)
3. Filters (water & air) do not have easy access per some of the other manufacturers models.
4. Temperature has to be raised above recommended level or outside door compartment will experience spoilage.
5. Middle drawer would have greater functionality if it could be opened from outside rather than inside refrigerator.
November 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Banny This is the best refrigerator EVER!
I am 50+ years old and have bought and owned several refrigerators in my life. This is truly the best one yet. When you open the french doors everything can be seen and reached because of the great lighting, as well as the easy access. The storage space is abundant. Easy access and abundant space in the bottom freezer as well.
Just love the door in door feature. Well made and a true enhancement to my kitchen! I will not look for any other brand of appliance from now on.
Thanks LG for an innovative appliance.
November 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Scott Overall, very pleased.
I am pleased with this refrigerator - cooling ability, spacious, different sections, lighting, quietness.
The only thing I need to get used to is the need to open both main doors to put in or take out items that are not just a simple bottle or jar, such as a casserole dish.
November 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Carroll1 Smartest thing we have done in a long time.
Our old fridge was over 20 years old and this new one is so much nicer. We were stumbling through but when we walked into Home Depot and saw this one on sale we just got it. Saved a good deal of cash and the delivery guys were awesome getting it into place. And disposing of the old monster. I also got to ditch the old water filter as this unit has one built right in and came with two filters. I likes me some Home Depot and can't wait till I win the $5000.00 shopping spree.
December 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by QRichardQ We love it, but...
We really like our LG fridge. The capacity, the features, even the lighting are a pleasure. It also works well. That said, there were a couple of silly decisions made in crafting the machine:
1. The control panel allows you to easily adjust the temperature in both parts of the machine, with an illuminated readout that appears for bit each time a door is opened. But the readout tells you the temps you have SET, NOT the temps in the boxes. It clearly knows what those are in order to cycle the compressor. Instead, the manual recommends that you buy a thermometer and place it in the refrigerator. Dumb. (This smacks of the legal department tampering with design.)
2. The door-in-door feature is very handy. We use it more than we anticipated that we would. Obviously, it is aimed at frequently grabbed convenience items like beverages. Why then is the tallest shelf in the door just a hair too short for 2-liter soda bottles? Dumb.
One can easily survive around these two feature flaws. It's just a shame to mar an otherwise well though out design.
November 13, 2014