Rated 4.3 out of 5Â by 129
Rated 5 out of 5Â by aviva great frig--lots of room yet fits a smaller space
A very roomy frig that fits a 33inch width. Adjustable shelves, gallons in the right hand door. Easy to see everything--has lites at top and bottom. Was concerned that the three crisper drawers looked small, yet they are very roomy. Love the large deli/cheese drawer. Ice and water from door work well, yet ice cubes are pretty small Freezer drawer is easy access and very spacious. Only wish is that the front had the same finish as the sides so wouldn't scratch so easily. Overall very pleased.
April 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by happyuser Still very happy with this purchase.
When I buy a major appliance, I am very deliberate. I do my research and spend a lot of time reviewing information before I make my final purchase. For that reason, if I end up not liking what I bought, I get quite upset. That is not the case with this refrigerator.
The dimensions of the space for the fridge were very specific, which only gave me 3 options of fridges I could purchase - Kenmore Elite 71039, Samsung RF4267HABP, and this LG LFX25978SB. I went to several stores hoping to see the items before making my decision. I could only see the Kenmore in the store. I did go online to see each of them, however it isn't the same as seeing them in person.
I read a lot of the reviews on Consumer Reports and CNET as well as places where I compared prices. For the best price, Home Depot won hands down. They offered free shipping, delivery and haul away. We did pay an addition $16 to move the old fridge from one floor to the other and $10 for the ice machine hook-up. Plus, they gave me an early delivery date. Even with the special offers from the other stores, the best deal was with Home Depot.
The features that I really like on this model are:
1. the deli drawer - can fit a lot in there. Only drawback is having to open both doors to access it. I don't mind and like this better than the Samsung model with the external drawer as the usable space is not at good despite the cubic feet space dimensions.
2. The pull-out freezer at the bottom holds a lot more than my side-by-side ever did. I don't need a separate pizza slot as I can fit two on top of the other foods in the freezer drawer on top.
3. Incandescent lights - I think most models have these. It makes it so much easier to see the entire inside of the fridge with these lights. No more lightbulbs going out.
4. Ice plus - I was concerned about the comments I read that it doesn't make sufficient amounts of ice. We don't entertain on a regular basis, but we go thru lots of ice on a daily basis. We haven't had a problem yet, and I turn on the ice plus every so often to head off any potential problem. For an upcoming graduation party, I plan on buying bagged ice from the store.
5. Tall water dispenser - learning how to use the ice and water dispensers takes one mistake and after that you know what to do. It may not be ideal, but I like being able to fill up a big pitcher of iced tea versus having to use the sink.
I find there is ample space on the shelves and in the crispers. The temperature controls eliminate the problem of my produce being frozen. The only gripe I have is the little space in the door bins. I used to be able to store a lot there in my old side-by-side, especially the wholesale club size products. Luckily, I can put items on the shelves or downstairs if they don't get used often. I like being able to open up the left door and that it still closes tightly. I read some reviews where people had problems, but I never have.
If I recall correctly, this model had the best warrantee. People who had bought the Samsung complained about the price and availability issue for repair parts. I think the water filter for the Samsung was a bit pricier as well. These are other things to consider before making a final purchase.
May 5, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Chris LG Refrigerator
The ice maker does not make ice like it should. On express all night long it is only a quarter full. May need service. And the crisper drawer is freezing produce. We have lowered the temperature to 39 and are still having problems.
August 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Tracker 33 in. W 24.9 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Smooth Black 33 IN. W 24.9 CU. FT. FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR IN SMOOTH BLACK
We like the french double door feature and the freezer on the bottom. This machine is much more quieter than our old refrigerator. We also recently purchased a LG dishwasher.
August 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by LorraineL LG French Door Refrigerator
I love this refrigerator. It has everything that was said and more. I was reluctant to order on line. The water, ice maker are terrific. (the ice maker so slender in the door takes up little room in the refrig.) The refrigerator runs so quietly. I have more space than I thought I would, The folding shelf is a great feature One thing that was not stated I like was that the sides are textured. The front is shinny black. The testured sides do not show any finger marks. I have been searching for a refrigerator that was only 33 inches wide.with all these great features. Thank you LG. I would recommend this refrigerator to everyone!
September 15, 2011