Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 769
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Chris Laundry Zen
Our dryer motor burnt out after 12 years so we decided to purchase two new units. After extensive research, I was slightly hesitant to go with the front load mechanism. Agitator washers clean clothes better than any other. After all, that is the primary goal. But, other factors such as energy efficiency, cycle time, lifespan, and style convinced me to take the risk. Boy have I been surprised! Everything from muddy towels to sleeping bags to dainty dedicates comes out fresh and clean.
I have only one con. The high speed spin vibrations resonate through the unit and can make noise. I am looking into vibration damping foot pads.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by 1unhappycustomer Going back to a front loader.
Very recently we purchased the new top loader he Lg machine. What a joke. I am unable to return it so I took our loss and purchased this unit. We had previously owned a front loader Lg unit for five years and sold it to replace with a new unit. This unit I just purchased is close to our older trom model. It cleans our clothes well, it is energy efficient, and has a lot of features. Now that being said-here are a few new owner tips from a veteran Lg front loader unit owner I wish I had known when I first purchased my first front loader. This should apply to any brand!
1. The shaking is from the unit not being leveled properly. The manual says to level all sides completely. Wrong! Level the unit completely first, then raise the front legs up until the clothes move off the door slightly. Lock the legs. This will end your headaches. A seasoned Lg tech shared this solution that works. He advised me that he had seen it all and heard every trick to solve these issues by sales associates and inexperienced techs in the industry. For five years I never had my unit walk off or unbalance. Worked flawlessly!
2. The floor must be solid-either concrete or put a thick board screwed down under the unit on a subfloor . Do not try remedies such as pads and rubber mats refer back to #1. Pedestals do not work well with these type machines-save your money.
3. The door has a feature to vent the drum. This is a fix to the old mildew problems. Use it. Wipe the seal occasionally to keep it clean as it collects dirt like any other unit does. Common sense here!
4. Like any unit, if the unit is unbalanced stop it immediately and remedy it. this applies to any type of unit. Leaving any unit washing unattended is asking for trouble.
5. If you are new to an HE unit you need to understand these are different types of units compared to traditional technology. They are designed to run longer, use less water and spin at higher speeds- this is the design. If you do not like change then you will not adapt to this technology.
6. With any washer-if you are into construction or auto mechanic type work- go to a laundry mat with those clothes if you expect perfection. My wife wouldn't want me to wash those in her machine anyways. Or stick to the old agitator types. These do not agitate your clothes to oblivion to clean them like mom's old unit did. They tumble them and are more gentle on clothes.
7. Most people return these units due to lack of understanding the operation of these units and how to install them properly. Make the effort if you buy one to get it functioning properly and understand your washer. If your on the fence stay away.
8. If you are the too picky type-you will only frustrate yourself using an he washer. If you are old school stay with the older technology.
July 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by JoeD Best purchase for the price!
This washing machine is quiet, clothes appear cleaner, steam cycle is a great advantage, and I really like the magnetic door!
October 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by newtonianmotion Amazing
I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I've washed nearly everything I own since purchasing-- utilizing nearly every mode of the washer. Clothes are clean. Washer is quiet. Easy to maintain and easy to use. Time remaining is a particularly useful feature.
Very heavy, leave to the professionals to move.
November 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Cathy VERY ENERGY EFFICIENT
Before I purchased this washer, I did a lot of research and read all the reviews I could find on the internet. Went into Home Depot looked at it myself, and talked with a customer service rep. I've had it now for a couple of weeks, and I'm very impressed at all the features and how easy it is to use. So far so good. Very quiet, never has gotten out of balance, and so energy efficient . My last washer used 40 gallons each wash cycle. That's a lot of water. Were on a water meter and that's a lot of water for one load. This new washer gets my clothes so much cleaner. Very satisfied.
July 2, 2014