Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 589
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Chris Laundry Zen
Our dryer motor burnt out after 12 years so we decided to purchase two new units. After extensive research, I was slightly hesitant to go with the front load mechanism. Agitator washers clean clothes better than any other. After all, that is the primary goal. But, other factors such as energy efficiency, cycle time, lifespan, and style convinced me to take the risk. Boy have I been surprised! Everything from muddy towels to sleeping bags to dainty dedicates comes out fresh and clean.
I have only one con. The high speed spin vibrations resonate through the unit and can make noise. I am looking into vibration damping foot pads.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by newtonianmotion Amazing
I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I've washed nearly everything I own since purchasing-- utilizing nearly every mode of the washer. Clothes are clean. Washer is quiet. Easy to maintain and easy to use. Time remaining is a particularly useful feature.
Very heavy, leave to the professionals to move.
November 12, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bubs Great value-cleans great-saves resources
This LG washer cleans great. Lots of cycle choices to choose from. Uses a greatly reduced amount of water. Machine is quiet and the spin cylce is so good, my dryer time was reduced by one-third, saving me more on my electric bill. This machine is a great value overall handsdown.
February 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mo30 All your whites will be white again!!!
Great washing machine, especially sanitary cycle, all my white sock, t shirts, towels are white again. The sanitary cycle takes over 2 hours but it is well worth it. No more mascara stains on my towels ;-). I have to say it is quite loud at the beginning of each cycle while it takes water, we have laundry room by the kitchen and family room, and we have to turn up the volume on Tv. But it does not bother me that much since it is not long process and since the end results are excellent.
My washer was delivered with some imperfections on the door, some bubbling paint, which looked like it is going to chip in no time and also after 4 weeks of use develop small leak. So I called LG customer service, and sent pictures and the same week I had repair man on my steps. The leak was fix in 20 min and fallowing week I had new door put in. LG customer service was very helpful and took care of my problems quickly.
March 17, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by psilver1 Quiet cleaning
I replaced a standard top-loader I had since 1997 that began leaking. I decided to try a front-loading HE model and saw this one had a great balance of reviews along with a reasonable price.
I have owned the unit for a few weeks and have done several different loads from giant quilt and sheets to jeans to everything else.
The unit is extremely quiet compared to my old washer, and other than the spin-up and the occasional water-pressure blast, I barely notice it doing its thing. I do not notice any vibration or any other problem.
Upkeep is much more involved than my old washer, but it is not difficult. The unit comes with the ability to leave the door cracked open via a magnet to let air circulate after a wash.
Clothes have come out smelling amazing and near-dry.
The tech on it is great with every option you can ask for. Although I was surprised that in this day and age that not every appliance comes with wifi by now or the ability to put your own musical tone into the machine for when it starts up and finishes a load. :)
April 24, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 1unhappycustomer Going back to a front loader.
Very recently we purchased the new top loader he Lg machine. What a joke. I am unable to return it so I took our loss and purchased this unit. We had previously owned a front loader Lg unit for five years and sold it to replace with a new unit. This unit I just purchased is close to our older trom model. It cleans our clothes well, it is energy efficient, and has a lot of features. Now that being said-here are a few new owner tips from a veteran Lg front loader unit owner I wish I had known when I first purchased my first front loader. This should apply to any brand!
1. The shaking is from the unit not being leveled properly. The manual says to level all sides completely. Wrong! Level the unit completely first, then raise the front legs up until the clothes move off the door slightly. Lock the legs. This will end your headaches. A seasoned Lg tech shared this solution that works. He advised me that he had seen it all and heard every trick to solve these issues by sales associates and inexperienced techs in the industry. For five years I never had my unit walk off or unbalance. Worked flawlessly!
2. The floor must be solid-either concrete or put a thick board screwed down under the unit on a subfloor . Do not try remedies such as pads and rubber mats refer back to #1. Pedestals do not work well with these type machines-save your money.
3. The door has a feature to vent the drum. This is a fix to the old mildew problems. Use it. Wipe the seal occasionally to keep it clean as it collects dirt like any other unit does. Common sense here!
4. Like any unit, if the unit is unbalanced stop it immediately and remedy it. this applies to any type of unit. Leaving any unit washing unattended is asking for trouble.
5. If you are new to an HE unit you need to understand these are different types of units compared to traditional technology. They are designed to run longer, use less water and spin at higher speeds- this is the design. If you do not like change then you will not adapt to this technology.
6. With any washer-if you are into construction or auto mechanic type work- go to a laundry mat with those clothes if you expect perfection. My wife wouldn't want me to wash those in her machine anyways. Or stick to the old agitator types. These do not agitate your clothes to oblivion to clean them like mom's old unit did. They tumble them and are more gentle on clothes.
7. Most people return these units due to lack of understanding the operation of these units and how to install them properly. Make the effort if you buy one to get it functioning properly and understand your washer. If your on the fence stay away.
8. If you are the too picky type-you will only frustrate yourself using an he washer. If you are old school stay with the older technology.
July 8, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by dynamwebz It fell apart!
Purchased February 5, 2013. Used 2 to 3 times per week.
One of 2 large brackets which hold the wash tub fell off!
The washer started shaking violently and shut down.
I opened the door to find a 15 pound, 18 inch long bracket hanging out of the machine.
See uploaded pic.
I have a call in for warranty service.
Let's see what happens.
July 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by af2x Best washer ever!
My husband and I purchased this washer after our previous washer died. Both are front loaders, so its really easy to compare the two. Our old washer was loud, this is not. Our old washer didn't have all the settings that the new one has (alergene, steam, sanitary). We both have really bad allergies, so the alergene setting is wonderful for sheets and towels. My husband works at the hospital, so the sanitary setting is a very nice feature. I feel like the clothes are coming out cleaner (or at least they smell fresher), they don't take as long to dry.
We researched product reviews online (on multiple sites) before purchasing this washer. Yes, it cost a little more than I wanted to pay, but it was totally worth it. I'm so happy with this washer.
May 30, 2012