Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 95
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rushin2 OUTSTANDING quality and SIMPLICITY
We have been very busy trying to locate decent ventless dryer a year ago. The reason for the ventless was that we live in a log home and the location of the dryer would not allow us to drill walls, create a vent for it (the best solution would only be routing the vent through a crawlspace) - the prior owner simply fed the air discharge into crawlspace - you can imagine how much clean-up we had to do.
Ok. Lets talk about this dryer...
1. Whenever we need to dry our clothes (when it's not raining), we clean the filter, put our clothes, press "Bulk Items" and "start." That's it. About 1 to 2 hours - depends on load and how "wet" the items are. We run extra spin cycle on our washer, so clothes have less water content before we place into the dryer. Typically, it is 1.5 hours and it's done.
2. When ran at night, the "Light" feature makes this dryer look like UFO.
3. We have a curtain covering stacked dryer and washer. Whenever we close the curtain, we get an error message on the dryer and it gets pretty hot. Once we figured out to keep the curtain opened during the drying operation, no errors, no issues. If an error occurred, press "Power" button to reset. Than press it again and chose cycle, press "start." It works like a charm. So, the lesson - DO NOT ENCLOSE this dryer in a small space - the hot air does need to escape and not to heat-up the dryer. Most of the complaints about this dryer has to do with the error with temperature sensor. We think that the issue is with dryer becoming very hot because of the closed spaces. It does NEED to "breath" to discharge hot air out to the open.
4. Do purchase this dryer with a 5-year warranty from HD. We did and will not regret doing so - if anything is wrong - they will replace it.
5. We purchased this dryer during HD's appliance sale and the 120 dollars "saved" went into the warranty. Not bad.
6. We ran the water discharge into the the same washer outlet. So, we are not bothered with pulling out the water container to drain it.
7. The condenser/radiator has been cleaned once since we bought this dryer and is VERY easy to do.
8. Our cabin is an "open" floor space. It is a bit loud to run (the noise typical of a dryer) at night, so we plan our laundry activity accordingly. The hot air is an added benefit during winter months - what's the point of discharging this hot air to outside? Exactly!
9. The dials and options are very easy to understand - we have yet to read the manual on this dryer (!).
10. Upon purchase of this dryer and days worth of research - we now realize why this machine is THE BEST in its ventless dryer class.
Our washer is a 3.6 cubic feet. So, according to "standards" our dryer is suppose to be 7.2 cubic feet dryer. Well, this little ventless champ at 4.2 cubic feet pulls off with no trouble (ttt). For a family of 3 it is performing quite well and doing laundry twice a week.
Hope this information helps others.
June 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jenn good, small dryer
We needed a smaller washer/dryer combo to fit inside a small closet. We replaced a previous all-in-one unit that never dried our clothes. This dryer auto-senses and dries accordingly. It even has a wrinkle care feature and you can turn off or turn down the end cycle beep (which is actually a fun song). It also came with a.) the stacking kit and b.) a dryer rack for delicate items you don't want to tumble. I've only had it for a month so not sure about the energy efficiency yet. Supposedly it's good. One thing we found out after the fact is that the dryer vents out the front meaning it's 'vent less'. This is fine but requires we keep the door open or add a slotted-vent panel. We opt to keep the door open and this works fine and the dryer is still quieter than the previous unit.
October 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CleanFreak Surprisingly, I love this thing!
I was totally prepared to loathe this dryer. I purchased it because it fit in my new teeny tiny laundry closet, and I didn't want to buy one of those laundry centers--so depressing!! It cost way more than I wanted to spend, it seemed too small, and I was convinced that the ventless feature was going to mean clothes were never really dry...ALL WRONG! I love my weird ventless dryer. It dries things perfectly every time, it has a completely "normal" load capacity, and is just generally a great little workhorse. We were able to hook ours up so it drains, so I have not had to use the reservoir, but it seems like no big deal, just an extra step. Quiet and efficient.
October 3, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by LGfrustrated Started leaking on day two of being used....
My new washer/dryer was delivered on a Saturday. Tuesday is wash day, essentially the second day of use. Major water from inside the dryer was pooling and puddling under the dryer.
Now I'm in limbo between Home Depot (yes I bought the extended warranty), LG, and the private Service Tech company that LG sends out. LG's customer service is provided out of a call center not in the US and I'm convinced they are highly trained in how to get you frustrated so you hang up. I'm currently on my 4th call to them and waiting 34 minutes for a supervisor to get on the line.
I had a Bosch ventless for over 10 years and although it had it's issues, I'm beginning to feel it was the much better product.
December 1, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Frankie450 Broke Immediately
The first version of this washer came with a broken electronics board, which was a huge hassle to replace. LG customer service is abysmal to say the least. There are not a lot of options for this type of product, so this may still be the best out there for a ventless machine. This has performed okay since the first machine was repaired. It does fairly well with clothing, less as well with towels, and terribly with sheets (it twists the sheets into huge knots). I can't say I have a lot of confidence this product will last. Buy the extended warranty, for sure.
April 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Husqyowner Unique product works well
My old dryer vented into my added on garage . It always made the air too humid in the summer and things got damp and sticky . This vent-less dryer solved that problem . It's easy to use and programmable to boot . The optional (but comes with it ) drain hose took all of thirty seconds to install , with no tools involved . Then you just run the drain hose into the drain beside the washer hose and your done . It's that easy , and negates the chore of emptying the water tray . That's easy too though . It's all enclosed with just a hole to pour the water out , so you don't spill any . Well thought out really , but there's no reason to use it if your washer sits beside or under your dryer because the hose will easily reach the washer drain . The controls are easy to use and there is a fair amount of options . I programmed in a " one size fits all " option and use it for most everything . Makes it simple . The light for the drum is a nice touch . I've used the machine maybe ten times and the only thing I don't like is the lint filter . It's hinged and you need to open it each time to clean it out . That's simple , of course , but manufacturers of everything need to figure out that a thin spot in the plastic doesn't take the place of a mechanical hinge . It will fail at some time .
September 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CondoOwner Very quiet and vent-free
Very spacious and easy to access. Lots of drying options. This is a vent-free machine that removes the moisture from the air while drying and discharges it to a container that you empty every 3-5 uses. I plan to connect it to a discard pipe when my remodel is done. I live in a small condo and the machine is very quiet (provided that it was leveled at installation). If not level, there is a HUGE amount of vibration! No need for vibration pads - just level the machine (it is easy to do for a DIY'er). Do not assume that the delivery/setup team will level the machine at installation.
March 11, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by AA7 don't buy LG
I regret, that bought this dryer, It stopped working in about a year after purchase. Trying to repair, but with LGs awful customer service have been without dryer for 2 months.
September 5, 2015