Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 103
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lk1234 Ventless Dryer
We needed a dryer small enough to fit in our awkward space because of the layout of our house. We also unfortunately had the issue of our dryer vent coming from the floor which caused even more issues. This dryer basically answered our prayers. It's small enough while still handling adequate loads of laundry and its ventless!
August 30, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by John Great in a NetZero home
We put this dryer in our highly insulated net-zero home and both the efficiency using less electricity and the non-venting design means we can save energy both ways. Dryer generates less heat as the heat recycles, and the waste heat is not vented to the outside, so helps heat our home in the winter. Opening the door in the laundry room vents the extra heat in the summer. I like being able to adjust the dryness level for the sensor-dry feature. It does take a little more time to dry clothes, but for two of us, this is not really an issue.
May 14, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by lbardell Broken from the start
Mine arrived with a broken thermistor and heating box. Great concept. Was eager to get started after putting in a utility room for the purpose... then it doesn't work error tE3.
June 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jenn good, small dryer
We needed a smaller washer/dryer combo to fit inside a small closet. We replaced a previous all-in-one unit that never dried our clothes. This dryer auto-senses and dries accordingly. It even has a wrinkle care feature and you can turn off or turn down the end cycle beep (which is actually a fun song). It also came with a.) the stacking kit and b.) a dryer rack for delicate items you don't want to tumble. I've only had it for a month so not sure about the energy efficiency yet. Supposedly it's good. One thing we found out after the fact is that the dryer vents out the front meaning it's 'vent less'. This is fine but requires we keep the door open or add a slotted-vent panel. We opt to keep the door open and this works fine and the dryer is still quieter than the previous unit.
October 15, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by alimonyslim DO NOT BUY
I cannot recommend this dryer. We are on our third (second replacement). We bought the dryer and matching washer (no problems with the washer) and the dryer malfunctioned after 7 months - it was the water sensor. It took 2 months to finally get it repaired. Less than a year later the same problem occurred. This time it took 3 months for LG and Home Depot to admit it could not be fixed. The replacement dryer became inoperable immediately, flashing an error code that said "unplug and call service". The dryer was replaced again and again the replacement immediately malfunctioned. I can understand a lemon sneaking through - maybe even two. But three in a row indicates a systemic problem in the manufacture of this unit. It's a great idea - a compact little electric dryer - but stay away from this horrible machine until LG can work the bugs out of it.
January 14, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rushin2 OUTSTANDING quality and SIMPLICITY
We have been very busy trying to locate decent ventless dryer a year ago. The reason for the ventless was that we live in a log home and the location of the dryer would not allow us to drill walls, create a vent for it (the best solution would only be routing the vent through a crawlspace) - the prior owner simply fed the air discharge into crawlspace - you can imagine how much clean-up we had to do.
Ok. Lets talk about this dryer...
1. Whenever we need to dry our clothes (when it's not raining), we clean the filter, put our clothes, press "Bulk Items" and "start." That's it. About 1 to 2 hours - depends on load and how "wet" the items are. We run extra spin cycle on our washer, so clothes have less water content before we place into the dryer. Typically, it is 1.5 hours and it's done.
2. When ran at night, the "Light" feature makes this dryer look like UFO.
3. We have a curtain covering stacked dryer and washer. Whenever we close the curtain, we get an error message on the dryer and it gets pretty hot. Once we figured out to keep the curtain opened during the drying operation, no errors, no issues. If an error occurred, press "Power" button to reset. Than press it again and chose cycle, press "start." It works like a charm. So, the lesson - DO NOT ENCLOSE this dryer in a small space - the hot air does need to escape and not to heat-up the dryer. Most of the complaints about this dryer has to do with the error with temperature sensor. We think that the issue is with dryer becoming very hot because of the closed spaces. It does NEED to "breath" to discharge hot air out to the open.
4. Do purchase this dryer with a 5-year warranty from HD. We did and will not regret doing so - if anything is wrong - they will replace it.
5. We purchased this dryer during HD's appliance sale and the 120 dollars "saved" went into the warranty. Not bad.
6. We ran the water discharge into the the same washer outlet. So, we are not bothered with pulling out the water container to drain it.
7. The condenser/radiator has been cleaned once since we bought this dryer and is VERY easy to do.
8. Our cabin is an "open" floor space. It is a bit loud to run (the noise typical of a dryer) at night, so we plan our laundry activity accordingly. The hot air is an added benefit during winter months - what's the point of discharging this hot air to outside? Exactly!
9. The dials and options are very easy to understand - we have yet to read the manual on this dryer (!).
10. Upon purchase of this dryer and days worth of research - we now realize why this machine is THE BEST in its ventless dryer class.
Our washer is a 3.6 cubic feet. So, according to "standards" our dryer is suppose to be 7.2 cubic feet dryer. Well, this little ventless champ at 4.2 cubic feet pulls off with no trouble (ttt). For a family of 3 it is performing quite well and doing laundry twice a week.
Hope this information helps others.
June 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AA7 superb customer service
My LG was just out of warranty when it quit working. LG arranged a repair for free. They ordered parts and sent a technician. I am very impressed with their customer service.
November 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Husqyowner Unique product works well
My old dryer vented into my added on garage . It always made the air too humid in the summer and things got damp and sticky . This vent-less dryer solved that problem . It's easy to use and programmable to boot . The optional (but comes with it ) drain hose took all of thirty seconds to install , with no tools involved . Then you just run the drain hose into the drain beside the washer hose and your done . It's that easy , and negates the chore of emptying the water tray . That's easy too though . It's all enclosed with just a hole to pour the water out , so you don't spill any . Well thought out really , but there's no reason to use it if your washer sits beside or under your dryer because the hose will easily reach the washer drain . The controls are easy to use and there is a fair amount of options . I programmed in a " one size fits all " option and use it for most everything . Makes it simple . The light for the drum is a nice touch . I've used the machine maybe ten times and the only thing I don't like is the lint filter . It's hinged and you need to open it each time to clean it out . That's simple , of course , but manufacturers of everything need to figure out that a thin spot in the plastic doesn't take the place of a mechanical hinge . It will fail at some time .
September 30, 2015