Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 611
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Pate Don't Buy this Washing Machine!!!!
I was "hopeful" when buying this LG Washer (I bought the matching dryer too, but that is another review). We had a very old GE washer that finally quit on us and I had been itching to buy a front load washing machine for years. I had used one at a friend's house once and loved it, although I should have asked what brand they had...
Therefore, let me explain what I am absolutely and totally displeased about with this LG washing machine:
1. Cleanliness - It does not clean clothes well AT ALL! I have tried every setting on this washer (and there is allot of settings) to see if there is a difference in getting our clothes clean, and honestly, other than putting the setting on Sanitary, there is NO difference. In fact, clothes that I had had for years and washed in my old GE washer still looked great, until I started using this LG washer.
2. Smell – Our clothes never smell good any more. With my old washer, all I used was Tide, no fabric softener in the machine. I used to get compliments all the time about my clothes and towels telling me how good they smelt. However, NOW, I have to use Tide with Downy, Downy Fabric Softener and Snuggle in the Dryer, JUST to get a clean-ish smell!!! Plus, I NO LONGER get compliments on how well my laundry smells :-(
3. Softness – You WON'T get it with this washing machine. As I stated above, I have to use Tide with Downy, Downy Fabric Softener and Snuggle in the Dryer and STILL my sheets and towels are rough!!! Once again, I NEVER had this problem with my old GE machine. Same towels, that were soft and fluffy before using this LG machine are now rough and hard and SO not fluffy.
4. Whites – Never stay white. I never had to use anything in my washing machine before to keep my whites white. With this LG machine, I have had to try using Bleach, Oxi, Tide with Bleach and countless others. However, our shirts and socks that are white, or that have white in them, never stay white. My husband now has to buy new work shirts after about 3-5 months because they get yellowed so bad. And once again, we NEVER had this problem before using this LG washing machine.
5. Color/Quality of clothes – Another issue. Clothes tend to look older the more you wash them, that's a given, but I have had some of my clothes for YEARS and haven't had a problem with fading or quality of fabric. However, clothes that are washed in this LG washing machine start losing their color after the second wash, no lie!
5. Maintenance – Okay, so there is allot of things you have to do to this washing machine in order to have the proper "upkeep". I will just name a few....
Of course, there is the Tub Clean feature, which they say to do "periodically"; however, this NEEDS to be done once a month.
You must clean the Detergent Dispenser Drawer. This drawer houses your detergent, fabric softener and bleach. To be honest, the detergent drawer never dispenses all the liquid that you put in it, even if it is a small load. They want you to clean this drawer once a week. But seriously, it needs to be cleaned after every load due to the fact it does not dispense all the liquid.
You have to clean the Water Inlet Filters. This is an annoying job too, as it is in the back of the washing machine and very hard to get too, plus you have to have special tools to do so.
Lastly, the Drain Pump Filter. This is at the bottom front of the washing machine. For some reason, this washing machine collects water at the bottom??? It says to drain it "periodically", which is what I have been doing and every time I have done it, I have collected over 3 cups of water. The other day, I emptied it and collected the normal 3 cups of water, but thought to myself; why not see how much collects in it after only 1 wash? Therefore, I emptied it again after 1 wash. Guess what, it STILL emptied 3 cups of water. Therefore, what that tells me is, if I do not empty the water out after every wash cycle, that water is going to just "sit there", and eventually make my laundry smell worse than it already does!!! That is pathetic if you ask me.
All in all, I would never recommend this LG Washing Machine to anyone and am so displeased with our purchase, and this was a HUGE purchase being we bought both the washer and dryer!!!! However, we will never buy another LG appliance again.
August 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Andrew Awesome!
First of all, LG is by far the best when it comes to appliances. My first house, I bought EVERYTHING LG. Second home, I tried a different brand (Samsung) and was letdown as LG had set the bar really high. My third and forever home now has this and the matching dryer and I couldn't be happier. Everything is familiar with the jingles, controls, quirks, etc. I knew my way around my first LG set and I'm happy to have LG back. This is the largest washer LG offers and it's definitely an upgrade over the more normal sized one I had before. I now have a king size bed and the comforter and then some can fit in the tub. It's amazing! I can't recommend and emphasize LG enough when it comes to appliances. They've served me very well, are attractive, and never break down (knock on a forests worth of wood).
July 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Familylove Great product and quality. I can wash family of 5's laundry in half the time of traditional washer.
This washer is amazing! I wasn't sure we needed such a large washer, mainly because I didn't think it would be worth the difference in pricing to the regular washer. I admit (even to my husband who's idea these were) that I was wrong. With a family of 5, and 4 of which are extremely tall, I am able to do all 5 of our darks in one load! Cutting my laundry time more than in half. The options are wonderful also. Sanitize and Allergy load are wonderful. Even has a small load so don't have to waste water on the occasional small load. I am so happy with this purchase! Did I mention that it has a light that is so great!
April 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CuzCat1 Solid Product
Bought this washer on sale at end of January 2016. It has reduced our water bill by about $15 per month. I live in Florida where water is expensive! Cleans great! And due to the high capacity I now wash one big clothes load every two weeks which in itself saves water and energy. A word of caution, if you wash a rug that is very thick and absorbs a lot of water it is going to go out of balance on the spin cycle. Handles towels, king and queen bedding with ease. Very easy to use and performance is great. Very clear users manual which is rare nowadays!
March 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by echismd Great!
Works great, but very expensive. Low vibration, but mines on concrete.
June 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CONEJO HAPPY WIFE
AFTER TEST TOP LOAD WASHER FOR 1 WEEK, MY WIFE WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH WASH QUALITY I RETURN TOP LOAD TO STORE, I FOUND THIS WASHER WITH SOME DISCOUNTS AND NOW MY WIFE IS HAPPY.
April 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by tj27 This product lives up to and exceeds my expectations.
I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the machine. I wash my large items with ease now. The varied options of wash cycles are great too.
April 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Iamrene Performance AND optimum features
Working Road Construction one doesn't have the time or energy to inspect every piece of clothing as it's washed. You just presume the clothes are washed because the very old washer buzzed that it ended its wash cycle. So you tend to ignore the socks that used to be bright white last week or that the meatball stain from the rushed dinner didn't quite come out entirely. I've had the washer about 9 days now and have used it only twice. I don't ever use bleach since my horrific experience in-midst of the 1994 Bleach Event. That said, I can't help but to notice that my socks are once again a bright white and after alcohol inspired action to "test" the washer, the purposely spilled grape jam and melted butter stain on my neon yellow shirt are nowhere to be seen. In fact, many of the AC stains are now rather diminished and the neon yellow is actually quite bright again itself. Great product for anyone working road construction and dislikes how your clothes never really seem to be clean.
October 16, 2012