Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 578
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by 1SDBuoy After 2 years use in a business environment, I would switch to a different dishwasher.
I purchased this LG dishwasher on July 14, 2014, for my small office. In reading the comments of others, the following is true after two years of use:
(1) the bottom rack does come off its tracks from time to time, when it is pulled out.
(2) the dishwasher detergent cover, rarely opens during the start of the wash cycle. In fact, I use the "quick wash" cycle and know that at time 1:08, I have to manually open the door latch cover and use a butter knife to scrape out the Cascade powder into the tub of the dishwasher.
(3) Home Depot does residential installation. They do not do business installations. I had to hire a private company for $175 to install the dishwasher in my place of business (a 20 story building).
(4) the dishwasher does dry adequately.
(5) all food must be completely removed from dishes, cups and utensils prior to placing them in the dishwasher. I can't count the times I have "washed" oatmeal, or "washed" lettuce, dispersed on to other dishes when the dishwasher cycle is completed.
(6) The latch on the "liquid rinse" opens occasionally on its own, using ALL the rinse fluid in one cycle.
(7) The plastic racks should be more durable.
(8) For tea drinkers, the quick cycle does not clean the cups thoroughly. I need to pre-wash them of tea stains.
That's about it . . . .enjoy!
September 20, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Abgrannie So quiet
Large inside, able to wash large sheet pans. Very, very quiet, choice of cycles from normal to delicate to power wash. Adjustable tines, moveable silverware baskets. Just love it.
May 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hugh very quiet, lot's of room inside.
racks took some getting use to. wash cycle over two hours!! Easy to use. Compact height allows more flexibil installs when replacing older style dishwashers. Looks good.
February 23, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Bongobreath Don't Buy!
We bought this dishwasher from Home Depot on 1-3-2014 and have had it for 2 years. We can say without any reservation whatsoever that after 2 years, our experience with this dishwasher has been terrible.
1) The wash cycle does not clean dishes, you have to completely pre-wash the dishes before you put them in the unit.
2) Even using the rinse aid, which LG recommends, the dishes are still wet.
3) The bottom rack constantly comes off it's track, especially when the rack is full.
4) The cleaning cycle is over 3 hours.
Yes the Dishwasher is very quiet and yes the dishwasher is Direct Drive so the motor will last a lifetime, BUT what good is that is the dishes are never dry and you have to spend time pre-washing to get clean dishes? Defeats the purpose of a dishwasher.
PLEASE don't make the same mistake we did, DON'T BUY this dishwasher. Here's is what we have learned:
1) Buy a dishwasher with a heating element if you want truly dry dishes. (Some units give you the option to turn-on the heating element when you start the cleaning cycle.)
2) Buy a dishwasher with racks on roller bearing tracks; the racks stay on their respective tracks.
3) Buy a dishwasher with "extra" water jets so the dishes truly get clean without excessive pre-wash.
January 9, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Donna Disappointed
I was disappointed with this dishwasher. I had a maytag before which I was very happy with but after 15 years it was wearing out. I ordered this one because I liked the look of it over the maytag. And I thought since it had the features I like it would do well. First it has a hard food grinder/disposal but the drain slots are small not much goes down to get ground up and I ended up having to pick food out of the tub. Second the dishes fall over easy. Third the cycles are long. For the sanitize. scrub, ect. goes over 4 hours. Which seems ridiculous. My maytag for the same type of cycle would be about 2 and half hours. Fourth the tub never seem to dry even on heated dry. I had an issue of gunk getting on the dishes not sure what it was. It may of been grease or something in a line from when it was manufactured or installed. Called HG they wanted to blame it on hard water but it's not that. Whatever it is I think it's clearing. Hoping the more I use it I will like it.
October 14, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by WNC4928 Such a Regret- rather hand wash
This is the worst dishwasher I have ever had the experience of using. The flatware baskets is the worst. Constantly coming unattached, and the center basket is rather small- so you better take off the silver separator, or put long utensils in the rack. The smell that accumulates rather quickly is extremely undesirable. Never have I opened a dishwasher to such a sour smell, and the plumbing is fine. The racks are always coming off the bottom track for no apparent reason, annoying. Oh and the most disappointing, the adjustable rows are the WORST! Dishes are always uneven, falling over, or not sitting upright. Save your money folks and pass on the LG.
September 19, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Gil LG does not live up to it's expectation
Options display does not light up the options to select.Have to use a flashlight to see the options.I called the customer service number,they told me that I have poor lighting in my kitchen.Poor design!The display should light up on the panel for the options to select.Also the dishes loose their position when I move the trays back and forth.The only thing that I can say that holds up to it's expectation is the unit has very little noise.I have filed for a complaint,no calls in return.I don't recommend this brand(LG)They got my money and I am stuck with the poor design that was a surpise when the power was supplied and the dishes in the washer. :(
September 9, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by VJ Worst purchase ever
I purchased the dishwasher 14 months ago. It simply stopped working. I called LG to find out what I should do. They sent a technician to diagnose the problem. After 5 minutes he determined the computer was not working, not having the part he said he would have to order it. The warranty was for one year for service, 2 years on parts. Two weeks later he returned with the part spent 15 minutes removing the old and replacing it with the new part and was gone. Cost to me....280 dollars and change. My lesson...stay away from LG.
October 11, 2016