Rated 5.0 out of 5 by 8
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by spsweeney Replacement Blade for Lawn Boy 10685 Lawn Mower
The blade was of excellent quality, and the replacement process was very easy. I did the following:
1. ** Disconnect spark plug wire. ** Always use leather gloves when handling blade.
2. Removed blade bolt with 5/8" impact socket (1/2" drive), and air impact wrench (long ratchet and wood block to keep blade from rotating would also work ).
3. Removed old blade, and mounting hardware.
4. Reassembled with new blade and original mounting hardware. Used 16" board to keep the blade from rotating while tightening in a clockwise direction.
** See Diagram.
5. Used 5/8" impact socket with a 1/2" drive torque socket wrench, and tightened to 60 foot pounds of torque. The 16 " board was wedged in to keep the blade from rotating in a clockwise direction while applying torque.
6. The outside retaining hardware was slightly out of alignment from applying the torque, but alignment as reestablished by gently tapping with a hammer on the outside retaining hardware.
7. Reattach spark plug wire.
** If using ratchet with the 5/8" socket to remove the blade, position board on opposite side from what is indicated in the included diagram. This will keep the blade from rotating in a counter clockwise direction while removing the blade.
August 9, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JohnS great blade vor my Lawn-Boy mower
I needed a nee blade for my Lawn-Boy mower. Got this one (exact replacement). Fit perfectly and works great.
July 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LazyFatBoy perfect fit
getting a pro to sharpen and balance an old blade is hardly worth the trouble, IMHO.
July 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by lawnboyforlife Will buy until my mower dies
I buy a new one every year. Plain and simple. I tried other less expensive ones. I ended up going back to the one I should got the first time.
April 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kristen works great
original lasted thru many filings and now 3 yrs later the new one is sharp and cuts great.
April 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RnS08 This is exactly what we needed! Love it!
This blade functions wonderfully, easy to install, easy to use, does the job!
May 6, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bernieb Great service. Arrived quickly. Works well. First time to replace blades in 9 years. The original blade never sharpened.
Performs very well. Shipped immediately. Notified quickly. Saved the day!!!
August 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ciscokid1 Lawn Boy 21 inch blade
This was an exact replacement blade for my Lawn Boy.
July 3, 2013