Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RDYC Another licensed contractor (31+ years)
One of the quickest and easiest items to use for low-voltage wiring. The description by LicensedContractor
Alexandria, VA is right on. I am wondering why I can't buy them in the local HD store any more. They now carry a couple of truly flimsy items with 2 small tabs: Store SKU # 1000015584 and SKU # 251426. Totally worthless for our uses in remodel and new construction.
December 29, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LicensedContractor My preferred mounting bracket for 14+ years!!!!
I consider myself fortunate that I was taught how to properly install this "CRIMP ON" style mounting bracket. Allow me to share some knowledge. TOOLS REQUIRED: tape measure, pencil, level, drywall saw, channel locks.
1. Bend tabs out in order to place the wall-plate side of the bracket flat against drywall.
2. Level the bracket and hold in place
3. Trace the inside edge on the drywall using a pencil.
4. Cut along one of the horizontal lines first. This is to ensure that you don't hit a stud. If you do hit a stud relocate to the side and start back at step 2. **Don't forget to erase your old pencil line.
5. Cut around the rest of pencil line.
6. Insert bracket into drywall and bend tabs up and down.
7. Verify the bracket is level and hold firmly against the drywall. 95% OF PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE DONE AT THIS POINT INCLUDE THE PERSON WHO GAVE THE 1STAR REVIEW.
8. Use your free hand to crimp down on the tabs with channel locks. To ensure your bracket is not "flimsy" crimp down on the left, middle and right metal strength members of both tabs.
I hope this helps you install like the professionals. I can assure you that the Leviton mounting brackets are a fast & sturdy method of install a low voltage wall plate. Ignore my review and go with a "wing" style if you want to waste time and give your forearms a work out.
April 15, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MidlevelDIY Flimsy
Tried on ½ in wallboard and it was a sloppy install. Get a CARLON 1-Gang Plastic and do the job right for little more money.
November 25, 2012