Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 61
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Happycamper No Regrets #2
I have reviewed this hot tub once already soon after getting it up and running. We have now had it for 7 months. In January our average temperature was in the teens for almost the entire month. I am teacher and I only worked 6 days in january due to snow and extreme cold. I wasn't sure how the hot tub would fare during this extreme weather, but it came through just fine. Our electricity bill was not enormous. In fact, it was only an increase of about $25, up $5 from she the temps were much warmer in December. I am uploading a picture to show you how it looks.
May 29, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BigRon Great Hot Tub!
We're one week into our ownership so I thought I'd write a review as of this time and then do a follow up in a few months.
The product was produced and shipped in very short time. The lady on the phone will tell you it will take 3 weeks to produce and ship but plan on it being ready for delivery within 10 days of having that conversation with the Lifesmart person.
The delivery guys were great. They won't just drop it at the curb. They brought it to my backyard but don't expect hi-tech movers or set-up people. They were very helpful and considerate with bringing the hot tub to my backyard. One issue I have is the way that Lifesmart wraps the hot tub. They use a very thick plastic but that's it! No padding or any protection for the hot tub. We ended up with a couple "dings" to the skirt but a couple drops of clear liquid nails and you can't notice anything.
So far, so good with the hot tub. It took 24 hours to bring it up to temperature. The jets are adequately powerful and plentiful. Pump motor is very quiet and powerful as well. I ordered the Leisure Time start up chemical kit (bromine) and it's a great kit though they include no Calcium boost and a couple other things that it appears you need. And when they say "plug & play" they mean it! Clean, plug-in and fill - that's it!
The LED lights are very cool at night, great cup holders (you know you're going to drink in the hot tub, even if it's just ice water!) and a nice waterfall. Cover is very solid and even though you have to drill your own holes for the cover locks, if you use them, it's no big deal. In fact, you don't even have to drill holes. The screws will drill themselves right into the skirt.
Overall, we are thrilled with this purchase and we hope that our 3-month review update makes the same claims.
August 6, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by kilokat Great purchase!
very nice worth every penny! we love it! We would recommened it.
April 21, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Dan213 worked great for 14 months
I purchased this from Home Depot in October of 2013. I now have a seal between the water pump and the motor that is leaking water. The spa has worked fine for just over a year which is great; however 3 months after the warantee is up on the equiptment I have a problem!! Not my idea of how $3,000 piece of equipment should preform. I will look a little further for my next purchase!
January 31, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Judi What I love about this product.
We found this hot tub to be very easy to set up, and operate. There is nothing complicated about it. Love that it is energy efficient, and maintains the temperature without running the jets constantly. We so love our new spa. I call this my vacation at home. No need to travel to enjoy life.
October 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RayD Wonderful product
I was a bit nervous to order such a large purchase online. I researched many hot tubs from many online sites and chose this one, and am very glad I did. It arrived just as promised and was easy to install and set up. I had run the new outlet and was ready for the tub when it arrived. I was using the tub the very next night. Jets are powerful enough, and if you close off some the power can become too much on the one seat that doesn't have adjustable jets. The cover is also perfect. Overall, very pleased with this purchase.
June 18, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JeffK Excellent Hot Tub !!
It's hard to make a purchase this large, site unseen. We looked at the customer reviews and went with others opinions. This hot tub is just what we were looking for in size, style, and ease of operation. We had ours delivered to our driveway on a Monday morning. Within two hours my wife and myself had this set-up and filling with water. It is large but not very heavy and easy to work with. We have a larger gate with access to the back yard. Preperation before hand was key in getting ours set-up. We made sure the ground was level and moved items that were on the side of the house to have a clear path to roll the new tub to the back patio. We love it and use it almost everyday ! Very minimal notice in electricity useage, well worth it ! The biggest thing is to keep your PH levels in check . Chemicals do not come with the spa, so visit a pool supply store and purchase the test strips and chemical system of your choice to have on hand when you are setting up the spa. The cover is a perfect fit, keeps it warm and looks great ! The light is great and adds a nice touch for an evening hot tub. The jets are powerful, and all seating areas are comfortable. We also ordered the matching steps, which are also well worth the price and look great with the tub!
April 6, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by AmyJ Overall very happy with it but some things you should know before buying
So this review is going to sound pretty critical but overall we are quite happy with our hot tub. Some things you should consider when buying:
- Uses a friction pump to heat, does not have a circulation pump. so when it is heating the jets are on and they are moderately loud. I would not place this tub outside my bedroom window. or my neighbors bedroom window. The pump comes on 3 or 4 times a day. (For best heating efficiency turn off air to jets when not in the tub.)
- When you set it up make sure the cord reaches the outlet before filling (duh)
- Be aware it will take quite a while to heat up the first time you fill it - ours took maybe 40 hours and I was freaked out it was not working. It just took time.
- Our electric bill for the first month was pretty high due to that heating up period. 2nd month very loose calculations show our daily electricity use increased by maybe 5 to 10 kWh a day compared to this time last year. This works out to maybe $1 - $2 a day to heat it. Seems worth it for a very nice soak every night! (We keep ours at 100 degrees usually so we can enjoy a nice long soak without getting too hot.) PS We are in California, your energy costs to heat it in a place with winter might be much much higher!
- If you are thinking of getting a cover lifter install it before filling the hot tub - it needs to be empty. We didn't realize this so the lifter is still in the garage til we change the water. It being just 2 of us we usually flip back the cover and don't take it off but when we have company it would be nice to not have to put it on the ground.
- Accessories with suction cups do not work! The shell is textured so suction cup pillows are not a good choice.
All in all, we enjoy this tub a lot. Seats are comfortable. There are 3 jetted seats but we have had as many as 7 adults in it without feeling like sardines. Have to clean the filter weekly but no maintenance issues so far. (Have had it 2 months)
March 31, 2014