Loctite Threadlocker Red 271 is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. Best for use on metal fasteners up to 1 in. (25 mm) in diameter such as bolts on decks, ready-to-assemble furniture, mounts, rings, gear bolts and frame bolts. Threadlockers cure when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. Once cured, it helps protect threads from rust and corrosion, as well as prevents loosening from shock and vibration.
- Prevents vibration loosening by permanently locking and sealing metal fasteners
- Permanent formula is only removable by heating up parts to 500F
- Moisture resistant, preventing leaking and rusting of threads
- Set time of 10 minutes and cure time of 24 hours
- Adds 3,000 PSI holding power on slip- and press-fit assemblies