Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Danc Great gun safe
Was wishing I could find this gun safe in a store because I was skeptical of ordering on the internet and not seeing it in person. But I was very happy after it shipped and I saw it for the first time. I purchased the combo dial and it works great! It was hard to move because it weighs a ton but makes me feel more secure because after putting in my ammo and guns its almost impossible to move. Would defiantly recommend this safe, its a great value for the price.
December 11, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hyattmart62 Perfect Safe
Appearance - Mesa Safe Company has designed a better than average safe for the money. This is a beautiful safe. The Black Coated Paint enhances the Brass locking bolts, dial, handle and will look good in any room.
Quality and strength - This is a heavy safe for the size at around 665 lbs. For a mid -large sized gun safe it outweighs nearly all the price comparable competition. It can be bolted to the floor with 4 pre-drilled holes that are capped incase you do not bolt to the floor. It would be difficult to pry open this safe for the ordinary burglar. U.L. listed group 2 combination lock but if you prefer a Touch Lock Mesa also offers the same model from Home Depot. I personally prefer a combination dial lock. The dial is smooth and hasn't given me any problems. The interior is about the same as other safes that includes adjustable carpet lined shelves, as well as carpet lines interior walls. I do like the internal Power Strip to plug lighting and dehumidifier, USB ports that are becoming more popular with newer safes.
Fire Resistant - This safe has a 1 hour fire rating at 1750 with the interior only reaching 350 degrees. This means the safe is very good for protecting all metals such as coins, bullion, guns and even paperwork. It competes with safes twice the price in protecting against a house fire.
I called Mesa Safe a couple of times before I ordered to find their Customer Service is helpful and knowledgeable. Each time I called I had an English speaking agent that answered quickly for all my questions. This is a great safe for the money.
January 23, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MoneyPit Its not perfect but well worth the money for an inexpensive safe
For this price class, you are going to give up some security features, but for the money you are getting excellent value here. Probably the best value on the market for an inexpensive, full-size safe. First the pro's, then the cons:
- Fully carpeted interior
- Power runs inside so you can install lighting and a dehumidifier
- Heavy - Tipping it over for a prybar attack is a lot tougher than it would be thanks to its weight. No one is going to carry this thing off, either.
- Solid! Much more so than many similarly priced products.
- Lots of bolts to secure the door makes forced entry attacks more difficult.
- Good combination mechanism. Its not a S&G but then again its not a $3000 safe either.
- The gap between the door and frame is enough to insert a big prybar into (but its better than its competitors in this class). Plan your positioning of the safe so it does not allow it to be tipped on its back to facilitate such an attack.
- The safe walls are 12 gauge steel, which is on the thin side as far as residential security containers are concerned.
- Home Depot completely botched the delivery. Beware when their staff tells you they arrange to go beyond curbside delivery. This 660 pound behemoth is on a pallet it needs to come off of. HD staff at the store told me I could ship to store and they could charge me a delivery and setup fee to get it off the pallet and placed in my garage. Delivery guys - a 3rd party contractor - refused. I had to send the safe back, the HD manager refunded the delivery fee and HD then called a 3rd party handyman who agreed to do the job. But he had to go get the safe again and I had to pay for what should have been a free delivery thanks to multiple HD staffers not knowing how safe purchases work.
- The hard plastic seal lining the door means the door rattles. A strip of thin rubber window insulation around the door edge fixed that.
-Safe wasn't quite square. It wobbled a bit on my cement slab floor. Fixed with a bit of cardboard hidden under two corners.
August 25, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Norseman4 Love it!!!
Threads were tight on one of the spokes but once I got it on, no problems. Silk smooth tumblers on mechanical combination lock were what I wanted. Didn't want to mess with electronics.
Like any safe on the market, it doesn't hold 30 guns but I expected that.
Everything works well, shelf adjustment is easy. All shelves covered completely uniformly and tight.
I have 8 rifles in comfortably and could fit 6 more (10 with no scopes). Still room for pistols and ammo. Only wish there were a door accessory hanger but this is about the safe so..., well worth the $$$$!!!
January 13, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Johan Great safe
Wonderful product, exactly what I was looking for. Classic look and feel, quality construction and parts.
July 15, 2014