Rated 3.0 out of 5 by 3
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by tmr8261 Faulty cartridge
I had this shower kit installed in November and it developed a leak two days ago after about 4 months of use. The plumber discovered that the cartridge was the problem, specifically the o-rings. Total cost of new cartridge ($44) and plumber's labor ($150), $194 to fix the faucet.
The only positive thing I can say is that I'm grateful it was just the cartridge and not the valve installed in the wall in November when the whole shower kit was installed. A faulty valve would have required having the tiles cut again and I'd be a lot angrier and poorer than I am right now. Home Depot is sending me a $50 HD gift card as compensation for the cartridge but unfortunately they do not reimburse a plumber's bill.
Moen used to be a quality product, but apparently they are no longer reliable. I will never purchase another Moen product again.
April 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Spitty Very nice but definitely expensive! Did both bathrooms all in 90 Degree finish. Looks modern and classy!
Very nice but definitely expensive! Did both bathrooms all in 90 Degree finish. Looks modern and classy!
October 8, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Geronimo Looks good but...
Most notably, the 90 degree bath sink (I have the single hole faucet, though I don't think it matters) is a pain due to:
1. if you don't pull it into the full - "on" position, it is likely to dribble down the stem and across the sink surface (poses a possible flooding risk since I installed it in my kids/guest bath).
2. mineral deposit build-up accumulates on the underside of the spout in spite of frequent clean up - not readily visible but since I'm wiping if off constantly I can always feel it and it bugs me. I'm afraid to use any lime-away type of remover on the finish for fear of damaging it.
3. the chrome finish tarnishes easy if you aren't all over wiping it each and every time it's used - do not let water on the top/visible surfaces or it can etch/stain the finish.
Finally, the 90-degree bath faucet:
1. the shower-head (2.5 GPM model) doesn't flow especially well and I can't tell if there is a cartridge that I can remove and clean from any of the installation/support/FAQ/product explosion diagrams on this website. I also can't tell if it comes out when I remove it and look inside.
2. The bath handle seems to pull away from the wall in a weird way. Makes me nervous. Maybe it's just me, but my Delta (the last one of those I have left) doesn't do that.
December 21, 2014