Pad glued-down and nailed-down hardwood or engineered wood floors with Insulayment to dampen sounds and conserve warmth. Simply glue the pad to a structurally solid concrete or wood subfloor and then adhere the planks directly to it. For ceramic tile, use latex-modified thinset mortar both below and above the Insulayment. The subfloor and installation materials must be in accordance with industry standards as outlined by the National Wood Flooring Association for wood floor applications, the Tile Council of America for ceramic and porcelain tile and natural stone applications.
- Ideal for glue-down or nail-down wood flooring as well as ceramic tile
- Can be used in conjunction with heated underlayment to fill in small non-heated areas for installations beneath glue-down wood flooring or ceramic tile
- Impact Insulation Class (FIIC) rating of 60, Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 53, perfect for condominiums and apartment buildings
- No attached vapor barrier, allows excellent adhesion with wood-flooring adhesives and thinset mortars
- Suitable for commercial or residential use