Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 36
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MiBe Easy install, not an exact fit for Toro LX426
Installation was easy but when I got to the last step and tried to install the chute to the cutting deck, I discovered it wasn't an exact fit. My advice would be to check the chute fit before attempting the rest of the install. Support at MTD is very bad. Their toll free number doesn't work in Canada, then they put you on the "infinite hold" waiting for the level two tech support when you stump the level one tech support. I had to hang up because it took so long.
I got it to where it was usable and it worked well. Filled up the farthest (left) bag first then looked like it was starting to fill the other bag.
May 5, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 did not fit on my tractor
I try to fit the grass catcher, but not fit
I'm really disappointed
June 4, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mike7333 I'm delighted with the purchase
This bagger fits the Toro LX425 perfectly and works great 95% of the time. The other 5% is for clogging (wet leafs) as expected with any other chute system. However, the quick partial disassembly will have you up and running in no time. BACK SAVER...
November 2, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Yardmachinesowner Works great on yardmachines 38inch deck
Google this and you will find video reviews on this. I followed the setup instructions and it worked perfect. 5 stars!
November 3, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by OutdoorZ Almost perfect
You need basic tools to assemble, screw driver/drill and sockets are useful. Took me approx 1 hr to assemble. Basically good quality. Chute does not clog. Works well. The netting used for the bags could be a little more heavy duty in my opinion considering the price. The main problem is the plastic pop-in screws used to connect the bagger chute pipes together. While mowing I brushed the chute against a small shrub and the plastic screws instantly popped/broke in half. The chute pieces disconnected and debris was flying out of the chute pipe toward my face! Not safe. But, I didn't want to return the bagger for a refund since that would mean raking grass clippings for a half acre lot each time I mow. So, I went back to Home Depot and purchased some metal parts and rigged the chute pieces together myself. 2 metal clevis pins; 2 metal cotter pins (cost under $5). Drilled the hole in the chute connector to make it slightly larger than original to fit my clevis pin and then secured the three chute pipes together with the clevis/cotter pins. I'm a little disappointed about the quality of some small parts since I paid close to $400 for this product. I would have liked to not have to rebuilt pieces myself. But overall I am satisfied that I don't have to hand rake a huge lawn anymore. If you already have a few year old mower and need a bagger to fit your model mower there aren't lot of choices. Home Depot online was still cheaper than a direct purchase from the manufacturer, HD had free shipping, HD has a 90 day return policy (compared to the manufacturers no refunds once installed policy), and HD's staff in the store was very willing to help and even offered to GIVE me the small parts to repair it myself.
August 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RonfromNY worth the cost
We bag all of our lawn waste. In the fall the leaves are usually the worst to deal with. I've used a lawn sweeper for several years, it worked well, however,you still had to dump the leaves on the ground before bagging them. With the bagger, I can dump the leaves directly into the disposal bags.I'm sure that it will work just as well on grass clippings next summer. Glad I purchased it.
November 13, 2010
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by LittleBit1 Rather disappointed with product material
The assembling of the product was pretty easy.. per my brother. However, I was expecting more durable materials. The screws are of a plastic material. In misjudging the size of the bagger on my mower, I bumped into an object in the yard. One of the screws that hold the large pipes together fell out. I was able to locate the screw. But it was damaged to the point that it could not be used. Since the screws are so fragile, maybe you should include a few extra screws in the packaging. Now I have to go in and try picking up more screws before I can use the bagger again! For the cost of this bagger, I really don't see it lasting for a long period of time. The plastic materials and mesh bags won't hold up for years to come... that's for certain. I don't think you want a picture of my mower showing the bagger pipes disassembled at this time.
June 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dingus Saves time and work
The grass catcher was not a perfect fit. But after a little reconfiguring i made it fit and it works better than expected. This unit has saved me so much time and labor.
July 4, 2015