MakerBot PLA Filament is the best and most consistent filament designed for the MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer and all Fifth Generation MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers. PLA is a nontoxic resin made of sugar derived from field corn. MakerBot PLA Filament is fed through the extruder on your MakerBot Replicator 3D printer and heated. The melted filament is extruded through a nozzle onto a build plate and it cools and solidifies in a precise, layered pattern guided by a digital design file and easy-to-use MakerBot Desktop software. The pattern builds, layer by layer, to create your complete 3D printed object. MakerBot PLA Filament helps you get the most out of your MakerBot Replicator 2 or Fifth Generation MakerBot Replicator 3D Printer.
- Trusted by leading companies and institutions the world over, thanks to state-of-the-art filament manufacturing and quality control standards
- When used with MakerBot replicator 3D Printers, it helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems and minimize downtime
- MakerBot filaments are guaranteed to have no heavy metals, phthalates, or bisphenol A (BPA)
- Every millimeter of MakerBot filament has been subjected to stringent laser testing
- Explore your creativity with the widest variety of colors and special properties offered by any 3D printing manufacturer
- Draw inspiration from an exciting range of colors and properties (including translucent, sparkly and glow in the dark)