The Makita 1-9/16 in. SDS-MAX Rotary Hammer has a powerful 10.0 AMP motor that delivers 2,500 BPM for the most demanding applications. It features a torque limiting clutch that prevents gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds. A “No hammering when idling” functions helps increase tool life, and the soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job.
California residents: seeProposition 65 information
- Powerful 10 amp motor delivers 4.6 ft. lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Sequential impact timing delivers timed hammering during rotation to minimize overlapping bit impacts for up to 50% faster drilling
- 12 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- 2-mode operation for "hammering only" or "hammering with rotation"
- No hammering when "idling" functions helps increase tool life
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
- Rubberized ergonomic soft grip provides more comfort and control
- Makita motor advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life
- Includes: side handle, depth gauge, bit grease, tool case