The Makita 1002BA Curved Base Planer is used for creating arches and arcs in timbers and working on scarfs in logs. With a simple modification to the blades, the tool is frequently used to create the hand-hewn look in timbers and logs. The 1002BA has a large two-handed design and a large front grip for improved comfort and fine depth adjustment. Additinoal features include the large chip ejection chute, and a lock-on button for continuous use. The adjustable bevel radius adjust up to 11-13/16 in., and the bevel base is factory adjusted for notching out logs at a 12-5/8 in. radius.
California residents: seeProposition 65 information
- Powerful 11-amp motor with 15,000 RPM for improved performance
- Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8 in. curved radius
- Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Large two-handed design for maximum control of cutter
- Smoothes and notches out logs for a perfect fit
- Adjustable bevel radius to 11-13/16"
- 1 year warranty
- Includes: Sharpening Holder (123055-9), Blade Gauge Assembly (123010-1), Socket Wrench 9 (782209-3), Blade Set, HSS (793008-8)