The Makita 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit is built for the pro-user who requires best-in-class cordless tools for drilling, hammer drilling, driving and fastening. The LXT218 includes a ½ in. hammer driver-drill with high torque and high speed, as well as a powerful impact driver that weighs only 3.3 lbs. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18-volt Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18-volt Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18-volt Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18-volt LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
California residents: seeProposition 65 information
- Variable 2-speed 1/2 in. hammer driver-drill (0-400 & 0-2,000 RPM) with Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 750 in. lbs. of maximum torque and weighs only 5.1 lbs.
- Makita Lithium-ion battery provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm-holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
- Variable speed impact driver (0-2,300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) provides 1,420 in. lbs. of maximum torque and weighs only 3.3 lbs.
- 1/2 in. hammer driver-drill and impact driver feature Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- LXT Lithium-ion battery and optimum charging system produces 430% total lifetime work with 3x more cycles
- 30-minute rapid optimum charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- 30-minute rapid optimum charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery which helps produce more lifetime work
- Charger earned the ENERGY STAR label for meeting the strict energy-efficient guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and US Department of Energy (DOE)
- 3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery and charger
- Includes: 1/2 in. hammer driver-drill (LXPH03Z), impact driver (LXDT04Z), (2) 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries (BL1830), Lithium-ion rapid optimum charger (DC18RC), tool case (824812-5)
- Compatible batteries and chargers: BL1830, BL1830-2, DC18SE, DC18RA, DC18RC, DC18SF