Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 131
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by CSL Functional, but flawed
When we put it together we saw several things. It's not extremely sturdy, but for office supply storage it does the job. There are normally 5 or so backings for the cubes so that you cannot see through to the wall; there were none. And lastly the edges of the cube itself are damaged. Not enough that I wanted to disassemble the whole thing and take it back, but enough that it's annoying. The color is great and it performs its basic function, but I'm not sure I would buy another one from Home Depot nor would I recommend this product to anyone else.
November 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Alma2 Great buy
Easy to assemble , firm on carpet or floor and looks great ! Under 50 bucks
July 1, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by John garbage
Will not buy another Martha Stewart product again. Poor quality materal.
June 22, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JaniceW Terrible
I ordered the product online. Organizer arrived with one panel missing so I had to go to the store to get another panel. Then as I began to assemble I noticed that most of the panels were damaged to some degree--looked as though they were dry rotted. I made the decision to go ahead and use but the product is unstable and probably won't last very long in my closet. I am very disappointed and would not recommend anyone purchasing. One positive, the panel that I got at the store was in good condition, so I definitely would not recommend ordering online.
May 3, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kz59 Cute shelving unit
Decent shelving unit, package was very heavy (particleboard), but fairly easy to put together. Two people to assemble would have been better. I didn't bother using the back boards, it's cheap cardboard and I'm fine with seeing wall through unit.
June 2, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Scott Great Product
Easy to assemble, strong and has many uses great product .
June 7, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Knifegirl86 Can't beat the price, replacing this whole line!
I was looking for a way to store clothes in my room as I have out grown my dresser and my closet is still being used for storage. I shopped around and found this beat out Target and Wal-Mart by at least $10. Plus the bins felt a bit more substantial than the cheap Target ones (with thumb hole and labels are extra) but they are apparently being priced down to liquidate their stock as Closetmaid is replacing Martha Stewart's brand (visual confirmation at my local store of the new sku, verbal confirmation from a store employee and customer service call center rep of this). While the Closetmaid looks nicer with the decorative trims, they want twice as much for the same 9 cube and I didn't need anything fancy for an item sitting on top of my dresser. I searched everywhere for the dark cherry but no one had it in stock in my area (within 100 miles) and it was a store only item. Finally purchased the expresso color (which has a wood grain look, it is not solid black) because I figured it wouldn't stain like the white might over time due to dirt build up. Here are a few things:
1) all the wood pieces ARE labeled!! Check the back (aka "rough" edge) where you will find it printed. Much easier to build after you look. Keeping the finished edge forward is not hard. We assembled it on carpeted floors so no scratching happened while we were putting it together.
2) directions were confusing for a bit as we had to sort out what parts belonged in each area, parts are not labeled on their sealed packaging. Pictures are more helpful than IKEA directions, but just barely.
3) laminate boards showed some damage (likely from production) but not enough to bring it back. I simply turned the damaged sides inward. Odd thing: there was a Closetmaid cancer warning sticker on the boards (thanks, California warnings!) so they must be made by the same manufacturer or in the same plant.
4) assembly required two people - one to put it together, the other to stabilize/give appropriate pressure/hold pieces in place while you screw in the screws.
5) the screws were hard to put in manually and did not rest flush against the surface, so they stick out a bit on ALL edges. Screw caps are, quite obviously, a joke as they stick straight out. Tempted to paint them silver and just pretend they are decorative rivets/studs.
6) wood dowels hold the pieces together internally but they are reinforced by screws along the outside surfaces. I "hammered" them in with the backside of my screwdriver without trouble, what you really need is a rubber mallet to prevent damaging the dowels.
7) mine was still a bit wobbly after it was put together, but only when exerting weight against it and really trying to shake it. As no one is going to be leaning on it, I didn't see any reason to return it. Use wood glue on your dowels if you want extra reinforcement.
8) it was a bit heavier than expected but it was easy to move with just two people, sits very nicely on top of my dresser (I plan to get earthquake straps to secure it to the wall rather than their tiny stabilizer).
9) holes don't always exactly line up but, the little bit it is off, gives pressure on the dowels to secure the pieces together.
10) it only comes with 4-5 of the little cardboard backings, but they're just cardboard. Why not cut a recycled box down and put it on? I have not put mine on as I plan to wrap the cardboard in fabric to give it a bit more pizzazz at a later date, however the directions specifically state that you must be careful when attaching them as the tiny nails may damage the veneers. I suggest glue or staples instead as the nails may rip free over time.
Bonus is that I get a top shelf on which to display some of my pop culture collectables! I'm not even using all 9 cubbies while I organize another part of the room and look into some LACK shelves to put next to it. We liked how mine turned out so much that my sister bought a 6 cube that we plan to assemble in the next couple days.
May 11, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JMB AWESOME STORAGE
Awesome storage unit. My daughter and I were able to put together in under 30 minutes. Nice look.. fits very nicely in their bedroom and provides condensed storage to maximize room space
April 19, 2016