Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 55
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Anla We love these drawers -- All Twenty of them!!
We were very worried about buying twenty of these drawers. We went to our local Home Depot store and checked out one of the assembled Martha Stewart closet organizer systems. We were impressed with how quietly, how smoothly, and how solid they were. We wondered if we would receive the same drawers or if these were 'for display purposes only'. I had designed our closet space using the online design tool provided online by Home Depot for the Martha Stewart system. It was actually fun to do. Several times I called the number provided and spoke with someone. The person(s) was / were always polite and helpful. After seeing the drawers in person, we decided to risk it. We bought one starter kit and four, top-half hanging and bottom half drawers, 'kits'. We had a total of twenty drawers--five, four-inch and fifteen eight-inch. (We had two reach in closets in our master bedroom next to each other. We knocked down the wall between them and decided to have less furniture in our bedroom and use the closet for all of our clothes. We have an office with a closet that will hold our long-length clothes.) My husband put together the drawers and our nephew installed the closet system kits. Both of them were impressed with the quality of the drawers and kits; the ease of installation and assembly and the look and feel of the products. Every piece and part was included---nothing was missing. Everything went together perfectly and we are all very happy with the results. The drawers we received were identical to the ones in the store--high quality. I have included a photo. The space on top of the closet system will be used for seasonal clothes and bedding; the space below will be for shoes and the (minimal ) space on either side of the closet system will be used for my husband's ties, belts, etc. and my scarves and purses. The shipment arrived two days early and the truck driver was very considerate of the rainy weather and took the pallet into our garage. We are very, very pleased with this project and with this closet system, (which was considerably less expensive than the top three most popular systems on the market and did not sacrifice quality, function or aesthetics).
April 17, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Trent If you are going to have over 1 drawer in this system beware of the difficulty.
I purchased over $700 in Marha Stewart orgaziers for my closet. I added 5 drawers. 3 out of the 5 drawers shipped to me were broken. I fixed 2 and one was not fixable. The tracks on the sides of the drawer are not pre-drilled. You have a very un-accurate template you have to cut out to drill your holes. If you are stacking more than 1 drawer in your system it can be VERY VERY VERY hard to get your drawers all to have the exact spacing in between them all. I have remodeled the entire room myself and this was by far the hardest thing I put together. 1 pro is it use look nice when its up.
February 21, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by TxGary Not the best choice.
I invested in the entire system for walk in closet in newly renovated master bedroom. Had to return half the drawers for replacents due to broken parts. Unless you have the units shipped to the store and unpack them there for inspection, including removing shrink wrap from every drawer to inspect wood and laminate wrap, you will likely have to do the same.
I suggest trying another brand or custom wood cabinets.
September 8, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by JS76 Okay drawers - but the only option with this set
These drawers were of merely "OK" quality.
- Full-box design with the drawer front attached to the front of the box.
- Full-extension drawer slides
- It's in my closet which has doors, so small cosmetic flaws such as uneven gaps cannot normally be seen.
- The drawer box is shipped flat with the sides connected by continuous laminate. Unfortunately the laminate can start to separate and looks bad.
- The mounts for the drawer slides are not pre-drilled. You need to CAREFULLY use the template provided, but even with this template, not all of my drawers close as squarely as I would prefer
- There are still somewhat uneven gaps between the drawers when mounted in my closet.
March 25, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Glen Nice drawer, easy assembly
This drawer was very easy to assemble. We ordered two and had to return one, it was defective.
The one that we kept looks good in the deluxe starter kit.
June 23, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JoeB very nice looking drawers
Very easy to complete and install in the shelf supports. Set for 27.75" inside width dimensions but went in easily to a 24" wide setup with 1/8" fillers so adapts well to other closet types. Operate very smoothly.
April 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DIYer perfect!
These drawers are just what we needed in our master closet. They look great and function beautifully. The full-extension glides make all the contents easily accessible and they slide so smoothly that they're a pleasure to open and close.
We were a bit nervous about ordering them after reading some of the reviews, but ours arrived in perfect condition and installation was easy. The online description, however, wasn't entirely accurate. The drawer front is actually 7 1/2" high, which is what you need to know when planning how many will fit in a given vertical space. After subtracting the drawer box bottom and the space below it, there's about 6 1/8" clearance for items in the drawer.
Overall, we are very pleased and would buy them again without hesitation.
September 25, 2011
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by AR123 VERY difficult to align multiple drawers.
Pros: Drawers look nice and slide easily once installed.
- One drawer came broken - a pain to have to exchange in the middle of a project.
- Glued particle board seems insufficient for durability in the long term.
- BIGGEST gripe - Drawers come with a paper template you must cut out to align and screw in the runners. This leaves a lot of room for error, especially when you're doing a tower of drawers. With each drawer, we tried to slightly adjust where we screwed in the runners, but still ended up with mis-aligned drawers that needed tweaks after the fact. Very frustrating. Take a clue from IKEA (never thought I'd miss assembling one of their pieces) and provide re-drilled holes or markings so that everything is 100% uniform. The template also included the measurement from the bottom of the drawer to the screw hole location, which was 1 21/32", I'm assuming for further clarification. Who is able to measure to that spec?! Not me.
March 15, 2015