Rated 2.5 out of 5 by 8
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Jojo poor quality cabinet delivered with black streaks on both doors
Out of the box one door was damaged. The finish on one door was thin and dark. Several black streaks on both doors that could not be cleaned or removed.
November 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CPam The cabinets are a nice quality; were easy to put together and install and look good!
Love the cabinets! Although I was disappointed with the delivery delay, the cabinets arrived in good condition. Would definitely recommend them to anyone who desires to have additional storage in a bathroom, laundry room or closet. The assembly was easy and the installation was a breeze. The molding makes the cabinet look like they are custom made.
August 13, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Noodles This product looks expensive, but isn't.
This cabinet looks great, once it is installed. Compared to a comparable look from Restoration Hardware or Pottery Barn, or a custom made cabinet, it is a steal of a deal. It is not high qualifty in actual construction or materials, but it serves its purpose if you are on a tight budget.
April 9, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by marie77 Good storage cabinet for the price.
I really liked this cabinet except for the fact it wasn't the depth that it specifies on the specs. It states that the depth is 8 1/2 in, but it only measures 7 1/4 in, and that included the doors. The shelves only measured 5 inches. I think they should correct the specs. I will be returning this cabinet.
November 9, 2011
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by bcprimacy poor quality
Quality of wood and paneling fair at best. Way overpriced for that level of quality. Comes (mostly) assembled, but doors were off by 2 mm; even after adjusting them properly.
October 25, 2011
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by hyland Installation unclear
The installation instructions were unclear. Just screw it into wall studs. I wish it had come with white stickers to hide the screws.
November 26, 2011
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Customer Fair
The top wooden trim did not fit on to the cabinet.
November 14, 2011
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by woodmore Almost good, but too many flaws in manufacture; so it was returned
The MasterBath 24" Raised Panel Bath Storage Cabinet in Satin White was almost a good product, but had too many flaws. It was returned because the manufacturer's quality control is poor.
The cabinet might be a fair value if:
a. The manufacturing quality were improved (part condition, part size, finish quality and assembly labor)
b. The item were painted on the top and bottom
c. A method were provided for attaching the crown molding.
- The right side of the cabinet was out of square with the front and rear. It's angle caused problems with fitting the shelves.
- The right side exterior finish was very noticeably flawed under the paint in two ways: (1) a knot hole in the top veneer; (2) a gouge in the top veneer. This cabinet is painted; those flaws could have been filled without affecting the advertised "natural wood beauty".
- The left side of the front face/door frame was bowed outward. The warped shape was noticeable on the side between the frame and door when closed.
- The finish (paint?) protruded along the left door's outside, rear edge in an irregular, wavy way. It would have had to be carefully trimmed with a very sharp blade to make it appear properly finished.
- The crown molding was not attached. No hardware was provided to attached it. The online installation guide does not describe how to attach the crown molding.
- The crown molding is not wood. The specifications on the Home Depot web site say the product is 98% wood. That is impossible because the crown molding is more than 2% of the product.
- A gap was noticeably visible between the cabinet face and the crown molding. The side pieces of the crown molding were too long. Even when holding the rear edges of the side pieces as far back as possible to the rear of the cabinet, the rear edge of the front crown molding piece overhung the front face of the cabinet. The already-assembled crown molding would have had to be cut somehow to be installed on the cabinet.
- Staples were used in assembly. They were applied with too much force. The staples crushed the material, with many wood fibers sticking out at every staple. The material must have been considerably weakened, affecting the structural integrity of the cabinet.
- The top and bottom are not finished. That is, they are not painted. Raw plywood edges show on the sides. The base and top plywood pieces were left unpainted and are not the same color as the front and sides of the cabinet. The description on the Home Depot web site does not state that the cabinet is only partially painted. The unfinished edges would be clearly visible to the casual observer when the cabinet is hung on a wall.
- The item came with no instructions. These have to be found on line through the Home Depot product page.
- The item appeared to be shipped directly from the manufacturer with no Home Depot packing list identifying the order or the job, nor with a return-shipment label.
December 18, 2011