Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 3
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Remy Good overall
It did take sometime to adjust it to the right position. Nice door like it a lot.
The only complaint is on the top latch. Edge is sharp, cut already 3 times with it.
November 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RickM Very Good Product
We recently purchased this door. It is of very good quality and worked great upon installation.
September 15, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by weird A generally meh door.
I would only recommend with reservations.
1) You will need 3 people. This door is HEAVY.
2) Throw the factory supplied screws away. They are complete C-R-A-P. I stripped the head of the first one I put in, and one of the guys helping me stripped the second. We switched to a box of screws I had bought: no problems at all. We took those in and out several times.
3) Be very careful shimming the sliding panel side. It's very easy to bow the frame. I put a level up against the frame as I was installing and adjusted the shims until it was flat. (Hence the screws going in and out multiple times.)
There are several things that SHOULD be taken care of at the FACTORY:
1) The key won't come out of the lock. So now I have to order a new lock set. This could have jammed during shipping, but probably wasn't checked after some ape jammed it in the lock. It might be better NOT to ship the door with the key in the lock.
2) On the fixed panel there was a 1/2" bead of silicone caulk that was squeezed out onto the glass. I just paid about a grand for a door. I shouldn't have to spend 45 minutes with a razor blade cleaning factory applied caulk off of it.
3) The miters in the corners aren't as precise as they should be. Spend $10 more bucks on some better fixtures.
4) The screws that come with it are C-R-A-P. Replace them with ones that aren't made of butter.
5) Instructions for installing the nailing fin are a bit vague. Make a bigger drawing showing which way they go in. Some of us have never installed them before.
September 16, 2015