Cooking a dinner-party roast, holiday turkey, or backyard-barbecue pork loin to precisely the proper temperature without fuss is a snap with this thermometer. You can even monitor two foods (beef and lamb, for instance) simultaneously, since two stainless-steel probes are included, each 6 inches long and each connected to a 39 in. stainless-steel wire. Here's how it works: program the tool (two AA batteries included) by selecting either "beef", "veal", "lamb", "pork", "chicken" or "turkey”. Then program to rare, medium-rare, medium, or well-done. The monitor displays the proper temperature which can be altered by pressing a button. Place the probe into, say, a turkey. Run the wire from the oven and close the door. (Door should remain closed until turkey is done so oven temperature doesn't vary.) Plug the wire into the monitor, and open the monitor's built-in stand. Set the clock to the current time. (Remember, two probes can be used simultaneously for different foods, with the monitor programmed separately for each.) The monitor constantly displays the turkey's internal temperature and elapsed cooking time. (The timer can be used independently of thermometer.) When the turkey reaches the selected temperature, an alarm sounds.
- Pager hooks to pocket or apron or fits in pockets
- Pager beeps when the monitor's alarm sounds and works up to 75 ft. away, liberating the cook from the kitchen
- Probes can also be plugged into the pager, which displays a food's temperature on its LCD screen
- Taste or “doneness” (rare, medium, medium well, well done) as appropriate for each meat, or choose your own target “Set” temperature up to 410°F (210°C), and in your choice of degrees fahrenheit or degree celsius
- The probes are stainless steel, with flexible braid stainless steel sheathed connecting wire, 40 in. overall length
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs