Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 172
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by DepotFan Photos are misleading...
My wife and I loved every feature of this model, yet we chose this specifically for the aesthetics of having both left and right refrigerator doors of equal width. The photos online depicted this symmetry and the salesperson also confirmed.
However, when the unit arrived, the right door was approximately 2" wider than the left. As our refrigerator was to be located underneath built-in cabinets of equal width, the offset opening of the refrigerator doors ruined the symmetry and we resolved to return the unit.
In short, we loved this model; but, if symmetry is important, look elsewhere to save yourself a headache.
April 15, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DanB Stay away from Maytag
I am disappointed with Maytag refrigerator , and horrified by their customer service team that i just spoke with. I purchased a French Door fridge in 2009 for around $1800.00. It had to be repaired twice, and this time the parts are not available. The repair man said to contact Maytag. After speaking with the first representative she told me that being it is 6 years past it warranty there is nothing they can do. She transfered me to a supervisor and he said that the only option i have is to get a discounted one at the outlet online. They can not assist in anyway. They could not answer my simple questions that why after 7 years they can not provide parts? In the first sentence of the manual it says "thank you for purchasing this high quality product", what makes it high quality? Why should i purchase a more expensive product based on a history of quality and service when first hand i am not witnessing either? Why would i consider purchasing a Maytag now, being i will have to buy an new refrigerator? So basically i spent $1800.00 on the unit, and about $700.00 total reapiring it the first two times. So in 7 years i spent $2500.00 on a unit that can not be fixed, and no longer works, but I can get a diacounted one online. Stay away from this company! It is not what it used to be! I am awaiting a call back from another supervisor, and will let all of you know the outcome!
June 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Printprof Wonderful, so far!
We have had this refrigerator less than a month--so far, we really *love* it! Here's why:
1. the French doors and the refrigerator area on top means we don't have to squat down on the floor and grope around to find stuff on the bottom shelf! As "geezers", this is a huge plus! At our age it's hard to get up off the floor! :)
2. The lighting in the fridge is excellent, which means we can see clearly where our food is stashed!
3. We really did not need an exterior water dispenser--easy enough to run a glass from the tap. We were glad to be able to get a refrigerator WITHOUT that feature. That being said,
4. We love the freezer (interior) ice maker! Now we have unlimited, fresh ice whenever we need it!
5. The interior of the fridge and the bottom freezer are well-configured. It is easy to put away groceries, and certain foods (meat; deli items; fruit and veggies, etc.) keep very well in their special storage areas. We really like the 2 sliding drawers in the freezer too!
6. Last but not least, we were so happy to find a French door refrigerator which is 33" wide. Our kitchen is configured (large counter and cabinets on each side of the tiled refrigerator niche) for a fridge this wide, but most of the lovely French door models are wider and would not have fit into a 33" wide nook!
Oh, yes--and also it is a very handsome and sturdy piece of equipment! Yay!
May 3, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bobcat Our First French Door Fridge
Our first french door fridge. Picked this 33" model because we couldn't fit a 36" wide model in our space. Had to order from Home Depot as no stores in our area stocked this one. Love it so far. Only cons I noticed: Gap behind the adjustable shelves in the fridge section allows small things to fall to the bottom. Pull out shelves in the fridge section seem a little flimsy. If you want to see for yourself go to the Depot and look at Whirlpool WRF535SMBM they usually stock, it has the same inside drawers. When the humidity control is turned off, condensation drips from the fridge doors onto the top of the freezer door. Turned on humidity control and seemed to solve the issue. I would have given it 5 stars if not for above. Would recommend if you don't need water in ice in door. We have an under sink filter for drinking water so I did not miss it. I noticed on the models that did have ice/water in door, the mechanism took up a large amount of space from the fridge anyway. Hope this helps those considering this model.
December 30, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Jay Decent fridge, problems with door sticking
Good fridge overall in terms of layout and noise levels, but the doors are set up in such a way that they frequently stay open just slightly leading to poor cooling. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
September 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Retired Bear Stylish looking with tons of storage
Very happy with this frig. Lots of storage & French doors mk access easy. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
September 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sunclipper big and bright
good capacity, good shelf arrangement [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
September 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Coyotey Very happy with the product!
Love all the features ! Was exactly what we were looking for ! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
September 11, 2016