Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 983
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ryan Excellent dishwasher with incredible cleaning performance
I recently moved and the new house is beautiful and well appointed with high end appliances except for the dishwasher. We came from a house with a Kenmore Elite and were pretty spoiled. The first thing we needed to do was find a new dishwasher! This model offers incredible style and value for your money. The model is extremely quiet. When I first installed it and ran a load I thought it was loud but I hadn't yet put the insulated base plate back one, after doing that the dishwasher went nearly silent. The wash quality is better than what we had with our Kenmore Elite, is cheaper and is made in the USA. Highly recommended. Be careful when purchasing the required installation kit if you have PEX water lines, it did not include what I needed. I've attached a photo of the items I used to connect to my 3/8" PEX, I hope this helps someone else.
November 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Daltonmo Very quiet
In addition to being nice looking and doing a good job cleaning, this is the quietest dishwasher I have ever heard. From 5 feet away you can barely tell that it is working.
May 17, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TN9FL Great product, great look, great performance
We've had this dishwasher for about a month now. I am very happy with it so far. It looks great and all the cycles run as good as or better than advertised. It is laid out well inside. The only drawback is that it is slightly smaller on the inside than our last one - however, the aforementioned layout makes up for it.
As for its function, I purposely left a spaghetti sauce pot and mac and cheese bowl (both unrinsed) for 2 days. I did not rinse any of the other dishes/cups either (Except excess food, etc...). I then ran the jet steam cycle with heated dry. When finished, everything was spotless and bone dry. I then tried standard cycle with similar items (except the spaghetti sauce pot) and even that cleaned everything great without any prior rinsing. To top everything off, you literally have to stand next to the machine to hear it!
If the machine holds up and doesn't break down, I would say it is a 10, no questions.
August 1, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BaltoHome Good Value - Fine Dishwasher!
This is, by far, the best dishwasher we have ever owned! Like many others, we considered a higher priced American designed and made dishwasher and the German designed competitor before making up our minds. We feel we made the right decision!
Our favorite features include:
-very smooth-gliding and sturdy top rack (ball bearings)
-quick and easy thumb control to raise/lower top rack
-all stainless tub (quieter and better drying)
-movable silverware holders, cut-outs for separating pieces
-bottom rear tines fold down for large items on lower rack
-top rack has stemware holders and holding clips
-extra removable small basket at back of top rack
-plenty of settings (auto clean, steam, tough scrub, jet clean)
-light (china/crystal) and quick wash (in a hurry) settings
-no steam vent on top to cause condensation under counter
-simple, uncluttered front design
-quiet running (50dBA)
-2/4/8 hour delay settings
-excellent drying (no wet dishes) using extra dry setting
-large capacity (15 place settings)
I am so glad we decided to go with this particular dishwasher, for several reasons:
1) Cost--at least 1/3 less than the German competitor
2) Heated drying vs. air dry. Our neighbors love their German designed dishwasher, but we use more plastic containers, and we want them dry, not damp. Their air dry system doesn't dry plastic (top shelf) as well as this model does with its heating element.
3) SS chopper pulverizes food particles and doesn't require additional cleaning. It makes for a slightly noisier dishwasher, but this thing is by far the quietest we have ever had.
4) Uses just a bit more water than some, but really gets dishes completely clean, every time.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this exact model dishwasher. It has most of the features of the highest priced American made dishwasher brand, and in fact, shares many of the same parts, for a lower cost. For us it is the best product available at this price point. We have no complaints.
March 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MLeBlanc Good machine... quiet, yes but not as much as they say.
Our original (we think) dishwasher died after 30 years. It was time for a replacement. After much research we decided on the JetClean unit. Delivery and install was pretty painless. But a few things jumped out at us:
1) This thing is not as quiet as they say. Yes - it is very pleasant, especially compared with our last machine. (Wow - that one was loud!) But many claimed in reviews that you really couldn't tell if it is running. I would not go so far. It is evident, but not intrusive. You will be pleased, but don't be fooled into thinking you won't hear it.
2) We had a very nagging problem that forced us to call Tech Support. Our dishes were often not very dry, and the sides of the machine and the racks were dripping wet when we finished a cycle. We had never had this happen on the old machine. And this was even with heated drying. We discovered that unlike the old machine, this unit MUST have the JetDry (or comparable product) filled or we won't get very good drying. I personally think it is a conspiracy/collaboration between JetDry and the dishwasher manufacturers. It REALLY made a difference putting JetDry in. So be forewarned - buy the biggest bottle you can from the grocery store, because you WILL be using a lot of it. :-)
3) the little plastic grabbers that are on the upper rack tines (meant to hold wine glasses or other small items) got all bent up the first or second wash. Poor quality and probably not worth even having in the machine in the first place. More of a one-time annoyance than a real problem.
Otherwise the JetClean really does do a great job cleaning our dishes, so we are very pleased and we DO recommend it to others.
March 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by John Excellent Unit
My wife and I love this unit! Not having to pre-wash dishes was an unexpected cost savings to my water bill!
So far so good.
April 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by QueenOfLaVerne Best decision
After reading the positive reviews on this dishwasher, we purchased one at our local Home Depot. I could not be happier! This is by far the best peforming performing we've ever owned. I always had to practically wash the dishes before putting them in our previous dishwasher (also a Maytag), and they still would not come out clean.
Now I can fill it with dishes with food still on them and not worry - they all come out clean and shiny.
One of the many things that I love about this dishwsher is that all the plastic cups and glasses come out DRY. Now I can empty the dishwasher without a dish towel in hand to dry the insides of the plastic glasses.
The other reviews detail all the specifics of the features of this Maytag, and it has many features that make it worth the slightly higher price. If you are considering a lower-priced dishwasher, (as I was), please go ahead and spend a few more dollars - you will be glad you did.
(Did I mention how shiny the glassware is? While I was in Home Depot and completing the paperwok to buy this Maytag, the salesman walked me through the store to the cashier to compete the purchase. As we passed through the cleaning products aisle, he introduced me to a product called Lemi Shine and suggested I add that to my usual dishwashing detergent. He said he had been using it for years and it it made his glassware shine. Well, I took his advice and now, between the great dishwasher and Lemi Shine, I actually enjoy emptying the dishwasher just to check out my shiny glasses!!!)
May 13, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JMT359 Great unit so far.
Lets just start that we are very pleased with this unit. It deliveres great clean results and dry dishes. We recently replaced higher end LG unit ($900.) with this one and couldnt be more happier. The LG altough it had more features it did not deliver clean and dry dishes from day one not to mention the bad odor we could not get rid of regardles of what solution we used to clean it. Finally after just 4 years of service it failled and and the repair bill would have been $535. and stil still have a smelly dishwasher. This Maytag does the job very well. Its quiet, cleans very well, offers a heated dry option and my wife is happier than ever. ( that makes me happy lol).
March 19, 2013