For remote drilling in metal, the 4270-20 is a great choice. The entire tool weighs just 26-1/2 pounds and has a comfortable carrying handle well positioned for balance, with cutter wrenches stored on-board. This is a very portable machine. However, power was not sacrificed for portability. This drill press includes a very powerful 1.1 maximum horsepower, 9.0 amp motor. It can drill up to 1-1/2 in. diameter holes through 2 in. thick steel with annular cutters, or 1/2 in. diameter holes 4-1/4 in. deep with twist drill bits. The tool is setup to accept standard 3/4 in. Weldon shank cutters, or an optional 3-jaw chuck is available for use with twist drill bits. The strong two-coil magnet provides 2,300 lbs. of deadlift force on 1 in. thick steel. The simple two-button control panel is located on the back, away from feed handle obstruction. The feed handle can be conveniently relocated to the opposite side without the use of tools.
- Powerful 9.0 amp 1.1 max HP motor
- Light weight, only 26.5 lbs. with comfortable carrying handle
- Capacity to cut up to 1-1/2 in. diameter holes thru 2 in. steel with annular cutters, or 1/2 in. diameter holes, 4-1/4 in. deep with twist drill bits
- Strong two-coil magnet
- Two positions for feed handle - relocate without tools
- Simple two-button control panel - unobstructed by feed handle