X-TERRA coils are available in three different frequencies - 3 kHz, 7.5 kHz & 18.75 kHz. The standard coil issued with most X-TERRA detectors is the 7.5 kHz concentric coil. This frequency is good for general coin and treasure hunting. The 3 kHz frequency gives improved depth on highly conductive targets such as brass, silver and copper coins and is more accurate at recognizing ferrous metal so it is a great coil for artifact hunting. The 10 in. x 5 in. 18.75 kHz Double-D coil is supplied with the X-TERRA 705 gold pack. This frequency increases the detector’s sensitivity to small targets and is great for detecting fine gold chains, stud earrings and gold nuggets. Depth, great target separation and accurate pin-pointing the perfect general purpose coin hunting coil.
- Large coils improve detection depth for larger targets (such as artifacts and coin hoards) and provide better ground coverage, small coils improve sensitivity to smaller targets (such as small gold nuggets and fine jewelry) and have a maneuverability advantage, small coils also offer good target separation in high trash areas, an elliptical coil shape provides a compromise, with good sensitivity due to its narrow width and good ground coverage due to its length
- X-TERRA coils are available in two winding configurations - concentric and Double-D, the concentric coils are perfectly suited to coin and treasure hunting, as the concentrated search field provides excellent target separation and highly accurate pinpointing ability, the Double-D coils perform better, with less noise, in mineralized areas (such as goldfields and beaches with black sand) and their wide search field provides excellent ground coverage
- Water resistant: may be splashed, washed, used in drizzling rain or moved through wet grass
- Compatible with X-TERRA 705 Gold Pack X-TERRA 705 X-TERRA 505 X-TERRA 305
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs