Prepare wood for staining with the Minwax 1-qt. Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. The conditioner penetrates the grain of new or bare softwood surfaces, such as pine, fir and spruce or porous wood surfaces, including maple, alder and aspen. The conditioner prevents streaks and blotches to help ensure a beautiful, even stain.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Recommended for use on new or bare soft or porous woods, including pine, fir, spruce, maple, alder and aspen
- 1-qt. covers 125 sq. ft.
- Prepares wood for staining
- Treating the surface with pre-stain wood conditioner helps prevent streaks and blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains
- Apply stain after 15 minutes but after no more than 2-hours
- Applicable by cloth
- Cleans up with mineral spirits or paint thinner
- Cleans up with mineral spirits
- Online price includes PaintCare fee in the following states: CA, CO, CT, MN, OR, RI, VT