Use Minwax 1 qt. Water-Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner before staining new or bare wood surfaces for a beautiful, even stain. The wood conditioner penetrates the grain of the wood to promote uniform acceptance of water-based wood stains and helps to control the effect of grain raising on soft and hard woods while working to prevent streaking and blotching.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Suitable for application on all soft and hard woods before using a water-based wood stain
- Formulated for easy application with a cloth, a synthetic-bristle brush or a foam applicator
- 1 can covers up to 100 sq. ft.
- Cleans up with soap and water
- Dries to the touch in 1 - 5 minutes
- Get the right stain for your project - click here for a buyer's guide
- Actual paint colors may vary from on-screen and printer representations
- Online Price includes Paint Care fee in the following states: CA, CO, CT, MN, OR, RI, VT