The Nature Power solar charge controller is required for any solar array of 12-Watt or higher. Solar panels are unregulated and can have voltage higher than necessary to charge 12-Volt batteries. The Nature Power 28 Amp Solar Digital PWM Charge Controller will prevent overcharging of batteries by regulating the voltage from a 12-Volt solar panel to a safe level for charging 12-Volt batteries. Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control provides higher charging efficiency and maintains a higher battery reserve than standard on/off controllers. This controller will also prevent over discharge of your battery as well as protect from High-Voltage surges, short circuit and loss of power through the solar panel at night. A digital LCD screen displays charging current, load current, and battery voltage in 5 second intervals. Two LED lights display charge function and battery status. A load terminal on the solar charge controller let you dedicate one item to run through the controller, when the batteries reach critical voltage the load will be automatically turned off to prevent a dead battery and allow the solar panel to recharge the battery before the load turns on again. This feature helps to prolong the life of your battery. The charge controller is self-adjusting and will automatically set the charge cycle.
- Digital display and led lights help to monitor your solar power system let you know the charge level of your battery at all times
- Safe for use with up to 28 Amp or 450-Watt from a solar array
- Protects battery from High-Voltage surges, short circuit Low-Voltage discharging, and reverse current
- Features adjustable voltage settings for added flexibility
- For permanent installation close to the battery in a dry and ventilated area
- For use with 12 or 24-Volt systems
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs