Rated 4.6 out of 5Â by 19
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by Stefie Awesome
Painted my garage floor and ordered this to protect from sand and salt. Delivered promptly. Installed easily even for a middle age woman. Look forward to an easy clean up in spring.
November 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by easydoesit Versa Roll Flooring
We and several other neighbours, are enjoying the garage flooring and its ease of installation and cleaning. We would recommend it to others.
November 14, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0Â by rashton A good product, depending on the application
A few months ago I was looking at turning my basement into a workshop and needed a product for the floor. While reviewing options I discovered this very well priced solution from NewAge.
I wasn't too happy that I couldn't look at this product in person as I would have liked to compare it to Diamond Deck product (also sold through HomeDepot online). Instead I had to look around the internet for reviews and the one thing people noted as an issue was that the corners would curl up over time. I wanted a product that was up to the challenges of a workshop but the reviews I found were just for people using it as a garage floor covering. I decided to take my chances and placed the order.
1) The combination of length and weight will make this challening to handle by yourself. Also the roll is advertised at 17' long but my roll was at least 19' feet long - this was a nice bonus and gave me some extra product to cover my homemade shoe shelves.
2) The smell - it's PVC and it stinks - after a couple hours with this stuff you'll probably have a headache. Luckily it was summer when I bought this product so I just opened the windows and temporarily put some plants in the basement to help clean the air. By the end of the week the smell was gone.
3) The instructions are inside the tightly rolled PVC, so to read about the product you have to unroll the entire roll. One of the instructions you will read is that you should unroll it as soon as it arrives. Funny, huh?
4) It's easy to cut with a knife or household scissors. This is good and bad. I had to cut around a few basement walls and supports for the installation. After making the cuts I discovered the roll tears very easily at those cut points so be careful while installing. Once it's down it's not an issue.
5) Despite all the warnings I have had absolutely no issues with the corners rolling up (but I am using it inside so perhaps that's an issue when used in a garage wher the temperature changes?). The PVC is quite heavy and lays fairly flat. I had to use two rolls to cover my workshop and just left a couple inches of overlap (as per the instructions). While the overlap stands out a bit I haven't had any issues tripping over it. For the first month or so there were some humps in the floor from being rolled up, but they eventually flattened themselves. Not sure if heat from a hair dryer or even a warm iron would speed this up. The instructions don't really offer any solution for this potential issue other than to unroll it and leave it laying flat in the sun for a few hours.
6) Strength and durability. This worried me a lot and I did some basic testing. This substance is fairly easy to puncture and even scratch. I just dragged the edge of a plywood sheet over the floor and it left a mark (the mark fades over time but you can still see it if you look). By comparison the comparably priced vinyl floor I bought at the store for my laundry room had no problem passing this test. Similarly I have some fairly heavy wheeled cabinets. When you move them from their resting spot there are noticeable marks from the wheels but they do eventually disappear on their own.
For a garage floor, laundry room, storage room it's probably an excellent solution (and very affordable) if you like the industrial look of the diamond plate. In retrospect, for my workshop I would have bought something else. However, having said that it's been a few months and this product has stood up quite nicely. The marks I have made aren't noticeable unless you look very closely. But knowing the limitations of the product has forced me to be a lot more careful. If/when the floor requires replacement I'll be getting something else.
November 1, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0Â by Sportzguy Did not perform as expected
The rolls were fairly easy to handle and lay out in the garage. I followed the instructions and laid it our right and let it sit in the sun for a couple of days (turns out even 1.5 weeks was not enough). It appeared to have the normal bubbleing you would expect from a rolled product, but the center never laid flat while the edges did. I noticed the cardboard rolls that it was shipped on were all broken in the middle, I did not think much about it at the time but in retrospect I believe the flooring stretched during shipping and will never lay flat in the middle. I did like the thickness and I was excited about the look in my new shop. I have now asked for a refund and am returning the product, I hope all goes well. I will find out exactly how good the company and customer service is very shortly.
October 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by Granny Love, love,love my new garage floor
I absolutely love this flooring. Even my brother said it looked nice. I wish i had ordered two rolls to begin with but both are here and on the floor. What a difference. Almost want to sit in my garage instead of the deck. I purposely leave my garage door open to make others jealous hahaha
I am single and 68 yrs old, 5'2". I managed to get this from front door to inside the garage myself and unroll it. Once unrolled, positioning is a piece of cake. Wish i had bought sooner
June 13, 2014