Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DM Roof terrace installation
Last weekends I installed approximately 250 sq.(58 boxes) foot on my roof terrace. i did it alone, so it took me 2 days. Unpacking all boxes took big chunk of the Saturday. The installation is really easy. The final result looks great. My wife was skeptical, but had to admit that she actually likes the new deck. I do not know how the new deck will hold in the future, but so far so good. Here is few advises:
- If you planing to cover a large area and do not have an extra pair of hands to help you, unpack your boxes night before the installation. This will save you many hours of the light day. The content of the kit box is very nicely packed and everything is wrapped in welded plastic. Which is a good think, but takes a lot of time to unpack.
- get yourself a rubber mallet and good knee pads. Your hands and knees will thank you later.
- If you anticipating to cut a lot of boards get electric saw. You can use a hand saw, but the material is very dense and it will take much more effort and time.
- to extract an incorrectly installed clip, the best tool from my experience is small crowbar and thin plank of wood as support. This way clips pops out easily.
- to remove an already installed board, pull it up at the end. Clips will be pulled out as well, but you can slide them off the board and reinstall back. Do not slide off the clip with the locking insert. It will scratch the back side of the board. Just leave it where it is. When you reinstall the board it will snap back into the holes.
Hope it helps.
March 16, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by LL Great look but too many damaged planks
I used this product to create a 10x12 grid deck over of a section of my cocrete backyard. Overall I'm happy with it but give it 4 stars instead of 5 for the following reasons:
1) Damaged planks - 10% of the planks were scratched enough that Ihad to return them and order new ones which delayed the completion of my project.
2) if you need to pull up the planks to fix spacing it's a pain
3) which accessories to buy for what weren't clear
However overall I would recommend as not too hard to put together.
May 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Manny5 Looks great!
Easy to put together. Seems like it'll last. Looks really nice.
April 16, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Andurinna I'm in love with my new floor
The product is really easy to assemble and looks beautiful, better than the picture!!
March 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bjackiec7 Very easy to put together and looks great
still pretty new but looks amazing so far. had about 100 sqft and took 2 of us a couple hours to put together. hope it holds up! several of the pieces were damaged but HD was good about returns (put all the damages pieces back in 1 box)
July 1, 2015