Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 29
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Champflyer Never worked right
This product never worked correctly right out of the box. Intermittent operation at first then stopped working at all. Orbit customer service was not good...not helpful and took too long to respond. Home Depot did give me my money back and I bought a Rainbird timer
July 18, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Flhomeowner Easy to install
Originally purchased a rain bird 9 station timer but found the wire connectors for the zones to be flimsy and difficult to insert/remove wires. Took it back and got this orbit version. Easy to install,set up and maintain
June 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Farmer Great Value ! Great Warranty !
Like the indoor outdoor good sturdy case. Instructions were well thought out . Easy to install. Easy to program ! 6 yr Warranty ! Covers irrigation needs.
April 12, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JE3777 Great Product
This 12 station unit was easy to install and very reasonably priced. Easy to set up and operate.
June 24, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jjmcjm Great features and easy to install
The product was simple to install and the instructions were very easy to follow. It is equipped with simple clip on wire connectors. Which make it very easy to install. The program for watering are also simple and can be completed in a matter of minutes.
May 16, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rhodger Excellent indoor outdoor controller
easy to install except that in my case there were duplicate solenoid wire colors and no manual was included. I however had a manual from an old unit of the same model that got fried by power surges.
I recommend that you get a surge protector in the power line.
May 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JJ72 Great purchase
Unit was easy to install, and easy to setup and read program installed.
May 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Aggiewolv Overall, a robust controller
I replaced an existing, malfunctioning controller with the Orbit 12 station timer. I've only had it cycle one time, so far, but here are some initial thoughts:
1) Good, heavy construction with water tight doors and connections; should be effective outdoors (mine is indoor).
2) Very easy to install; took me about 45 minutes from start to finish (all the wires to my control valves were already installed, I just had to transfer the wires from the old controller to the new controller).
3) Very easy to program; pretty much self-intuitive.
1) Unless I misunderstand it operation, it does not seem you can program a repeat cycle as part of a regular program. The only way to do it (i.e., have the same program run multiple times in a given day) is to program multiple start times. Not a big deal, but you have to figure out the total time a program will run to determine the next start time.
2) The instructions that come with the package are **bare bones**. More involved instructions can be downloaded from the website, which was pretty straightforward. But, a con all the same.
Overall, I'm pleased, so far, and would recommend it.
May 27, 2014