Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 54
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Acadien Garden Chalet 3 x 6
This chalet fits our small backyard perfectly and holds our two bikes and assorted garden tools. The kit was easy to assemble and the instruction manual was very well done. We're very happy with the product. It even smells great!
August 27, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JB Amazing!
The shed is a great buy. We ended up putting it against our house so we stained all the back pieces before we started. Then we built the whole shed but did not install any trim pieces. We stained the shed and the trim pieces and then installed them. I would recommend to stain/seal the shed for extra protection and doing it before you put the trim pieces on is important as you might not be able to get your brush in the cracks. We used Behr Weatherproofing Transparent in Cedar Naturaltone and it turned out great!
September 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dbrauer Fine purchase
It's super-cute and I installed it in a day. Everyone loves it. A couple of notes:
1. You really don't need a nail gun, as some have suggested, unless you're in a terrible hurry.
2. The OLT people were great, calling ahead of time for questions, making sure I knew the installation hotline,
3. Directions are pretty good, though I did lose an hour or two because I had to build it against a wall (so had to build back first). I'd suggest a little clearer instructions for this possibility. It was tricky and I had to improvise.
4. As everyone else says, pay very close attention to keeping things square. You most likely won't be perfect, but getting the walls right saves a lot of time down the road. Take your time to save time, and read instructions carefully.
September 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dgangnes Great Looking, Easy to Assemble Cedar Shed
This shed is great! The hardest part and the thing that took the most time was constructing a level paver base, because the spot we wanted it in was not level. Once the base was complete, then assembly of the shed went fairly quickly. It took 3 of us about 4 hours to complete the basic structure, and then maybe another 2 hours to finish all of the trim work. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. All of the pieces are clearly labeled and easy to find. The finished product is very solid and looks fantastic.
June 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kohai Looks great!
I first starting looking for a shed for my kids bicycles and saw a lot of plastic ones that were disappointing and the wrong size. Then I found this one, which is perfect and awesome looking.
Assembly things to mention:
- We stained it with Sikkens SRD Translucent stain in Cedar color. We stained the parts before we put it together and got a bit carried away on the shingles and ended up needing a 2nd gallon to finish the last 2 feet of the last door. Since we needed a 2nd gallon to finish it, we decided to stain the interior as well. We spent 6-7 hours staining -- as I said, we got a bit carried away.
- The instructions for assembly are well written. As another reviewer said, make sure to align things as the instructions say. Sometimes it will say align with the siding and other times it will say to align with the frame -- the difference matters so follow the words closely. Things will align on the outside but may be slightly off on the inside, which is fine -- follow the instructions. The trim on the outside really will cover up the things you think look off while you are building it.
- Leveling it is important. I used a lot of cedar shims -- there may have been another way but I'm a newbie and already had a paver patio I was putting this on.
- A nail gun really makes light work of the nailing portion (there are still a lot of screws for a drill to put in). The wood is soft so screws are easy to put in and the nails need very little PSI to go in. Note for cedar that you must use hot dipped galvanized nails (not electro galvanized), stainless steal, or aluminum. Home Depot did not carry these types of finish at my local store for my nail gun -- I had to order them online elsewhere.
- Shingles! Drill pilot holes for the nails!!! There are about 10-12 shingles that must be installed by the user. They ship a couple of extra shingles but I still split a few before I started to drill pilot holes. I have one shingle that I glued back together with gorilla glue and clamps.
Overall, the instructions really made this project doable. The unit is light enough after it is built to move it around with two people pushing on it. For unloading, the Fed-ex freight guy and I removed each of the 3 boxes individually from the truck.
August 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SoccerDad Great Project, Perfect Place for Your Stuff
This Red Cedar Storage Chalet comes to you in three cartons with easy directions for assembly. It is a half-day project for two people. If you are not a perfectionist, get some DAP Cedar Tan caulk to make up for it. It smells great, looks great and should last a long, long time. Customer service is excellent. I also purchased a gallon of sealer and coated it for extra waterproof protection.
December 5, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SunnyDee This shed rocks!
Beautiful (and fragrant) red cedar, great hardware, easy enough to assemble (with helpers and the right tools), and a lovely finished product. Beyond my expectations!
June 27, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Seeker Effortless
Delivered effortlessly to a convenient location for building. Really easy to build, about 3 hours. Finish nail gun made trim work easier but not required. Couldn't imagine any easier unless delivered assembled. Good quality and easy to stain and seal.
January 13, 2015