Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 19
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by cclarke4523 picnic tables are the best
Assembled with my son. We had to change the position of the seat cross cleat as it did not meet with the table support. Table is not perfectly symmetrical when measured, but that doesn't appear to be a problem. Wood is lovely, albeit not all are clean cut, but that's not a problem in my opinion. It truly is beautiful. Easy to move around the backyard. Looks so much better than a glass table and chairs and cushions and all the work to keep them clean, and protected from the elements all summer long.
June 3, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Widgit You'll work for it
We were looking for an outdoor table that would stand up well to summer weather and not get too hot in full sun. Hopefully we have found it.
Most of the parts were in perfect condition, but there were some minor defects in a few of the pieces, but we just made sure the nice faces were visible. A minor quibble is that only the bench and outer edge surfaces of the table top are fully beveled, so flipping the middle four table boards leaves a sharper edge. This is a minor complaint though and easily remedied with some sand paper or a router.
My main complaint is that only the larger bolt holes and 4 of the ~50 smaller screw holes are predrilled. The instructions recommend drilling pilot holes which we did for fear that it might otherwise split the wood. If the holes were predrilled, it would have saved significant time constructing it. With 2 people, and a power drill and screw driver, we were very close to the estimated 2 hour assembly time.
We are very happy with the end result. The table looks great and is very solid.
July 7, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by WhistlerLuxury Great product!
We were delighted when our picnic table arrived and my son was able to put it together very quickly! It is perfect for our summer wedding and we are thrilled with it....
July 18, 2011
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Edward100 PIC65 Cedar Picnic Table
1) Table made from cedar which is more weather resistant than other wood.
2) Table comes as a kit. Easy to transport.
3) The table weighs 113 pounds. Stable
4) Home delivery of a heavy package.
5) Good assembly instructions.
6) All of the wood screws are applied from below. No wood screws are visible on top of the table or seating bench. No carriage bolt heads on top of table, which gives a smooth top surface.
6) As a kit, one can paint the wood pieces before assembly.
1) An assembly time of 6 hours is more appropriate than the 2-hours quoted in the literature/description.
2) Some of the wood pieces need hand sanding to avoid wood splinters.
3) Some of the wood is bowed, crooked, twisted, and has a lot of knots. This increases the assembly time to compensate for wood irregularities.
3) The # 8 wood screws that come with the kit should be replaced with # 10 wood screws, which have more ability to “pull” bowed, crooked, or twisted wood into place.
4) The 1/4 –inch carriage bolts should be replaced with 5/16-inch carriage bolts for a more sturdy assembly.
5) The seating height of 17.5-inches is too low. Use a 2x4 “shim” under the seating bench boards to raise the seating height to 19 –inches, which is a more comfortable height for eating from the table top.
August 5, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jane I LOVE this table!
From the packing and delivery to the assembly, this picnic table exceeded my expectations. Everything was there, with a few spares. The wood is gorgeous, and you can choose what goes with what. Instructions were clear and easy to follow--I did it all by myself without any trouble and only a little adaptation. Results are gorgeous! The legs didn't even wobble at all. I have all the power tools, which made assembly easy and fun. Took no more than 3 hours alone. BTW, I'm a 62-year-old female lawyer with only rudimentary handy Jane skills. Love my table!
April 7, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by drldreeves Great product with great directions
The table was well designed, and if you have basic skills you can assemble it easily. Everything but the tools you need are supplied and directions are straight forward.
Excellent quality product. Not sure I could have bought the raw materials as cheaply.
January 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cathleen724 Cedar Picnic Table
I just ordered this table for my father as a father's day gift, and he loves it! He wanted a lighter picnic table that he and my mother could more easily move around in the yard and this one was fine at 110 pounds. I spend hours searching online at various picnic table stores and they were all either heavier (130lbs. and up) or too big (we wanted a 5ft table). They put two coats of deck stain on it and it looks beautiful!
My only negatives are the price (wow, $372 for a picnic table!!), and the assembly. I wasn't counting on spending hours on it but that's what it took. But if you have a decent drill and a 1/8 bit, it can be done.
July 12, 2010
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LAFM Great wood picnic table
Table was easy to assemble. Quality of wood is excellent. A bit of an investment but it should last for many years.
January 13, 2015