FOAMULAR 150 extruded polystyrene (XPS) rigid foam insulation contains hundreds of millions of densely packed closed cells to provide exceptional thermal performance. It's also virtually impervious to moisture, unlike other plastic foam insulation products, preventing loss of R-value due to moisture penetration. FOAMULAR weighs considerably less than plywood, OSB or other non-insulation materials so it's easier, faster and safer to install. Plus, the product's built-in rigidity means it can be scored and snapped, cut, or sawed with common tools. Sagging and settling are never a problem. Retains it’s long-term R-value year after year, even following prolonged exposure to water leakage, humidity, condensation, ground water and freeze/thaw cycling. Contains a minimum of 20% certified recycled content, certified GreenGuard Indoor Air Quality for Children and Schools, Energy Star Seal and Insulate Program, and NAHB Green approved. Owens Corning Foam Insulation, LLC now warrants a Lifetime Limited Warranty on FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Insulation products. This new, enhanced warranty indicates that for the lifetime of the product, FOAMULAR XPS Insulation products are free from defects in material and/or workmanship that materially affect the performance of the product in a building installation.
- Exceptional thermal performance at r-5 per in.
- Virtually impervious to moisture penetration
- For exterior wall sheathing, wall furring, perimeter/foundation, cavity wall, crawlspace, pre-cast concrete, under slab and other applications
- Fast, easy installation
- Available in a wide range of sizes, thicknesses and edge trims
- Compressive strength of 15 psi; astm c578 type x
- Will retain at least 90 percent of their advertised r-value