Panasonic’s 28.8V Tough IP56 Li-ion rotary hammer is a member of the Panasonic ToughIP Tool series and has passed the IP standard test administered by the International Electro technical Commission (IEC) receiving an IP56 rating, dust and water resistant. Panasonic's dust and water resistant technology has been demonstrated to comply with the IP standard by tests designed to gauge the level of protection against the intrusion of dust and water. The EY7880 employs a unique 2 speed hammering system, a more versatile tool than typical rotary hammer. One tool can meet all percussion tool applications. Hard Mode 23.6kN of hitting force with 0-4,500 bpm ideal for drilling concrete continuously and soft Mode 12.7kN of hitting force with 0-2,800 bpm reduced hitting force and bpm allows this tool to be used in brick and block without experiencing blow out of the material. The EY7880 is powered by high capacity 3.1ah cobalt Li-ion battery packs. The battery packs deliver high output with low heat generation resulting in twice the lifetime total performance versus previous Ni-Cd battery packs. In addition the tool utilizes Panasonic’s unique GuardION system. The GuardION system monitors each battery cell during battery charging and during tool use to prevent over discharging and overheating of the battery pack thus insuring long life. The kit consists of a rotary hammer, two 3.1Ah Li-ion battery packs, charger, and carry case.
- The design of the EY7880LZ2S was focused on eliminating several of the problems relating specifically to rotary hammer performance heat and dust generation
- The EY7880LZ2S uses a new motor coupled with a computer designed air flow system to help reduce heat during continuous use
- A magnesium gear case reduces weight while improving durability
- The 2-finger dust proof improves reliability due to the elimination of dust from the switch area
- The EY7880LZ2S can be used for light chiseling by using Panasonic’s optional SDS-plus chiseling attachment and a drill by using our optional SDS-plus drill chuck attachment delivering high speed 0-920rpm for metal and low speed 0-500rpm for wood
- The compact size length 12 9/16 in. and lightweight 8.4 lbs make the tool easy to use with less fatigue
- The rotary hammer comes with 1 charger (EY0L81B) and 2 batteries (EY9L81B)