Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 90
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MichR This product makes a difference in your hair & skin
I do not have the space for a full size water softener, so I purchased this product. It makes your hair and skin much silkier, softer and lighter. Sensitive skin & hair that dries out easily from weather, sun and harsh chemicals, like mine, will look healthier and younger. Recently, I tried another brand and it did not work as well for me. My hair and skin tells me when it time to change the filter, reminding me that it does work. However, it does drip during a shower and can crack if tightened too much. All & all, good product & price that does the job.
August 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LoriB One of the best purchases I have ever made!
Due to a family emergency I recently had to move into a home that was NOT ready to move into. One of the problems was the INCREDIBLY hard well water. After much research I found the majority of water filters would not address the issue of hard water...then I found the Paragon shower filter system! I was desperate to find something to restore my skin and hair to a normal state and the Paragon system did not disappoint. It was beyond easy to install with simply a basic wrench and about 5 minutes of time. I am more than pleased with this product.
January 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by OkuT Great buy
No more scum in the bathroom. Skin no longer dry. No regrets
April 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ok1945 Perfect product
Fast delivery,good price, available spare cartridges, ease installations,happy this bargain
March 25, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Techdude99 Hard Water Review
I recommend this filter, but it's important to keep a few things in mind:
1. Filtration is excellent, but the particulates will clog the filter if you have very low water pressure or don't use the shower regularly
2. Expect it to last 9-12 months with regular use in normal conditions (2 showers per day)
3. There should not be anything less than a VERY SLIGHT drop in water pressure after adding the filter. In my case, I didn't notice any difference, but it varies. If there is a moderate to large drop, the filter is clogged or one of the connections is not tight enough (cartridge to adapter, adapter to shower, adapter to head) or leaking.
4. Be EXTREMELY careful not to over tighten the connections, especially if you are connecting to metal. If you do, you'll strip the plastic,
5. ALWAYS use Teflon tape on all threaded shower connections. One or two passes should be plenty.
If you live in an area without hard water, you can add several months to the estimates and an additional shower per day.
This Paragon product has been in all my showers for over 12 years and it's at the ceiling of cost effectiveness for my situation. It works and the price is reasonable, so I never bothered to look for an alternative.
Home Depot has the lowest prices on this cartridge, but it should be a little less expensive and available in stores, as they were originally.
I hope this review helps someone. Have a great day!
March 10, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PatD Wash away dry skin
Very easy to install & does the job for the hard water issue is this area of Florida. No more dry & itchy skin..
March 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RORO Worth the Price
The water in our house is heavily chlorinated and it smells. I noticed my skin was really dry and itchy all of the time so I chose to try this filter on our shower head to see if it helped. It is not a water softener but it has definitely made a difference in my skin and the quality of the water. I would recommend this product to anyone with the same issues.
December 10, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Michael love it
I have been using these filters for years. My skin used to get too dry and itchy, but these filters help a lot.
December 17, 2014