Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 33
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Faisal Great Mobility, great warranty, cost effective
I put it to task the day I got it. Floor trims, crown molding or corner crown blocks, it performed above expectations. It’s my first cordless nailer. I do own a few pneumatic based and most of them perform much similar as this one.
But what makes this nailer my top preference is;
(1) Mobility without baggage - At job sites, I had to have my own compressor; at times I couldn’t have electrical access so I had to have a generator + gasoline to run the compressor. Now all of that is replaced by this single tool. I can’t even explain this convenience.
(2) Cost effectiveness –Less time spent is less overhead cost for me. My prep time has gone down; I do not have to wait on the compressor to fill or catch up with the speed I am going.
(3) Great 2 years warranty with “Bring it back – no questions asked".
Construction is solid, feels good in hands and performs flawlessly. I have used it with expired fuel cells and did not see any performance degrade. In fact, I found out that cell was expired after I completely consumed it.
I appreciate the rotatable belt clip since a lot of my work is on the ladder. I have not experienced any trouble inserting/removing the battery from its slot. Fuel cell cost is fraction of the pennies compared to the time I am saving. The carrying/storage case is sturdy and padlock capable which is very handy at job site.
Talking about cleaning, manufacturer included a step-by-step card with colored camera shots showing each step. That’s very convenient especially for occasional users.
To date, I am yet to find a problem with this tool. I am very excited to own it and highly recommend to Pros and DIYers.
September 6, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Gaby This is the tool I've been waiting for! Excellent quality.
I have another nailer, but because it needs an air compressor I never use it, especially when I have trim work to be in my basement. The inconvenience of having to drag my air compressor there makes me not want to use it at all. Now this cordless nailer is awesome, so easy to use and it doesn’t jam. The instructions are super easy to follow and the battery charges up fairly quickly. This nailer comes in a cool hard case with a handle, so it’s easy to carry around. I just finished installing trim on 4 new doors and using this nailer made the job go by faster and I had fun doing it. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for convenience and quality. Paslode stands behind their products. For this nailer, they offer free 2 year service promise “No questions asked”. So if it stops working for any reason, they will fix it, no hassles, no questions, no cost!
August 31, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Oneydee Great Remodeler Nail Gun
If there is a better designed and performing tool .... I don't own it just yet. Seriously, this tool performs impeccably, and my only regret is not having obtained one sooner. However, I should add that I do take exceptional care of my tools, and clean/maintain them as needed. I'm sure that if I did not maintain the tool as required, abused it, flung it into the back of a truck with no case, and used out of date fuel cells, I could probably replicate some of the complaints I've seen posted elsewhere. I did a lot of research online looking for a good finish nailer. After going through about 500 nails with this one I can say that the nailer lives up to it's hype. No more air hoses for me! My next purchase will be the Paslode cordless framing nailer. Thanks Paslode for a great tool.
June 2, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hpiguy Well Built, Fast Depth Adjustment, Powerful, Easy Loading
I really enjoy using this cordless finish nailer by Paslode. Not only is it convenient to not have to drag around an air line across the yard, but the fuel and battery seem to last forever.
Out of the box you'll get the nailer itself, a Li-Ion battery pack, charger, a pair of safety glasses, an excellent bright orange case for everything and an assortment of quick start guides, maintenance instructions and information about the warranty. You will need to buy a fuel cell and whatever size nails you'll need for your project. Combo packs of nails and fuel together are available from Home Depot.
The quick start guides are full color and well done. Loading the nailer the first time goes really quickly and once you get the hang of it, it can be done in under a minute. Charge the battery, clip it into the gun to the on position. Flip up the fuel compartment door and drop the fuel cell into place. Load your nails and you're set to go.
The fuel is supposed to last for 1000 nails and the battery for 6000 nails. I can see that happening pretty easily. I drove nails all weekend on a new wishing well project and it never jammed, never ran out of fuel and the battery delivered plenty of power all day. When you fire a nail it smells like a cap gun or firework. A small fan blows the exhaust out of the gun for you.
Depth of nailing is adjusted using a thumbwheel on the nailer, and they have a diagram right next to the wheel to let you know the direction to turn the wheel to make adjustments.
Maintenance is straight forward and doesn't need to be performed often. Just keep the air filter cleaned and general maintenance can be accomplished by the owner using the great manual. They even include the wrench.
I'm greatly pleased with this cordless nailer. It's ultra convenient when you can't, or don't want to drag an air hose with you. This would work extremely well for finish jobs when a client wasn't keen on having you drag in a compressor or airline and the noise associated with them.
Hat's off to Paslode on this quality tool. They really 'nailed it". With all the before mentioned reasons, and that Paslode gives you a two year no questions asked service guarantee. Superb.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a quality finish nailer that doesn't need a compressor or cord.
July 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Doresoom Cut the Cord!
This Paslode nailer is my first experience with a cordless nail gun, and I don't ever want to go back! I drove quite a few nails while testing it out and it worked flawlessly the whole time - not a single jam so far.
All the features on this nail gun are well thought out:
- It's very easy to load the nails into the all-metal nail head guide, and the spring loaded stop is designed to be used with just one finger. There's even fastener count markings in 25 nail increments so you can easily check how long you've got before you need to reload. The nailer also has an auto lockout to prevent dry firing.
- Loading the fuel cells is pretty intuitive and takes almost no time at all.
- The non-marring contact tip is made of a grippy material to give the user consistent placement on the work piece, and the cutout channel allows for precise placement of the fastener.
- The depth adjustment works great - I went from all the way down to all the way up, and the fastener depth ranged from 1/8" sunk, perfectly flush, and 1/8" proud. There's quite a bit of range to the adjustment settings too - I had to turn and turn it to go from one extreme to the other. The fastener depth was very consistent when I left the depth adjustment settings alone.
- The belt/rafter clip swivels, and holds the nailer securely whenever you need two hands for something else while you're up on a ladder.
- The battery life is great (6,000 fasteners!) and the fuel cells aren't too expensive (an extra $7.50/1,000 fasteners). Just keep in mind that if you buy the fuel+nails packs, it will approximately double the cost of the fasteners over a pneumatic gun. It's more cost effective to buy the nails and the fuel separately. So if you're a DIY homeowner doing a job here and there, go with the combo pack for its convenience. If you're a pro and go through a lot of nails and fuel, buy them separately.
- The battery can be moved to an "off" position to conserve battery life while the nailer isn't being used. It's not as hard to disengage the battery as others have commented. I've never had to use a tool, although I usually end up using two hands. Just grip the gun and depress the catch with one hand, and pull the battery out with the other. Piece of cake.
- The instructions are top notch. There's a booklet for operation, one for the cleaning procedure, and one for the complete parts diagram. Plus, Paslode includes full color pictorial instructions of the disassembly procedure for cleaning the nailer.
- Of course, I saved the best feature for last: IT'S CORDLESS! No more lugging an air hose and compressor all over the house, finding an outlet, tripping over the hose, and waiting for the compressor to charge up. Just grab the nailer and go! Plus I don't have to fight a hose anymore while I'm on a ladder, which increases my safety while doing a job.
The only downsides I could think of:
- The nailer is a little loud during usage. It is creating a miniature controlled explosion to drive each nail, after all.
- There's no sequential "bump" firing option where you can hold the trigger down and just make contact with the tip safety to drive a bunch of nails. I almost never use this feature in my pneumatic nailers anyway, so I won't really miss it.
- There's a faint smell of the fuel exhaust after firing.
- The fuel costs a little bit more, but it's completely worth the convenience in my opinion.
As you can see, the pros far outweigh the measly list of cons I could come up with. This is a great nailer from Paslode, you won't regret buying it!
July 7, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bobthe Not too shabby
Has plenty of power. Is lightweight, extremely easy to use, and you're not tethered to an air hose or cord. Purchased after watching one in action by a coworker, and was sold instantly. You get what you pay for, so you get a LOT when you buy this tool.
September 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Oceanking Nice design, great performance
I used this brand before and very happy with it. I had chance to use this several times, battery life is great, charge time is short.definately an upgrade for the previous ones. It is light weight, I can grab easily. It doesn't give me any wrist or arm pains
September 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ContractorRyan Works as good as pneumatic gun
I am a general contractor who specializes in remodeling. I have read many reviews about this gun and debated on making the leap into the cordless nail guns. I final got fed up with constantly spending the time to set up the pneumatic nailer (hose, compressor and gun).
I took my time and broke my decision down like this;
1)How much time will it save me?
I figured it takes 10-15mins to pullout my compressor, hose and nail gun out of my trailer and set it up everyday. Then an additional 15-20mins to put it back. That is a lot of time wasted.
2)Does help me do my work better then the my pneumatic nail gun?
Yes, I have no hose I can trip on or damage walls with. There is no delay to allow the compressor to catch up.
3)Does it cost to much to operate?
No. It does cost money for the gas and cleaning products to clean every so often but that is a very small fee for all the convenience of a great working cordless nailer.
All in all, it is a great product that I would recommend buying if you do a lot of finish work or use a 16Ga nail gun a lot.
March 7, 2013