Rated 5.0 out of 5 by 9
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Sinderance Amazing stuff here.
My Dogs LOVE to go out on the deck and lay in the sun. Most of the time, when I just open the slider, they forget that there's a screen door that needs to be opened and yes, they will run head first into it. They will also scratch at the door to come in as well, which is why I had to replace the old screen. The guy at my local Home Depot was real helpful and told me exactly what I needed. The one roll did the screen door for a sliding door with just a bit left over. It was a bit of a pain to push in, but it is because it's thick and heavy duty. But even I was able to install this with out the recommended tools. (I used a butter knife and a paint scraper! ha ha) Well worth it in the end. I would recommend getting the proper tools though. The tool makes installing screens so much faster.
June 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by davefr Here are a few tips
1. The manufacturer indicates you need one size smaller spline then your old screen since this product is thicker. My old fiberglass screen used .125" spline and there is no smaller size. Fortunately new .125" spline worked just fine. The new product was flexible enough to compensate for the thicker pet screen. Don't re-use your old hardened spline.
2. Make sure you clean your old frame. You can leave it slightly damp and that actually makes it easier to install the spline.
3. Follow the instructions that say to cut it to the outer size of the door frame. Now tape either the top of bottom edge of the screen to the surface you're working on.
4. Now attach spline to the opposite end from the taped end and cut the spline at both corners. This piece will not wrap around the door.
5. Now go to the end of the frame that was taped and install the spline to this end. Make sure you leave enough spline to go down both of the long sides. This section of spline will be U shaped.
6. Now go up both sides with spline. Hold the screen as you roll but don't pull on it.. It'll stretch out just perfect if you simply guide it.
7. Now embed the spline into the corners trim the two ends and use a sharp utility knife to trim off the excess screen.
My door came out perfect using this method. No wrinkles, creases or blemishes.
Now I just hope this product is actually cat resistant. Time will tell. Hope these tips help.
July 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by timewards Doing the job
The last time I replaced the screen in my sliding door, the cats had pushed their way through it in a few days. This screen has been in place for 2 weeks and they have not budged it.
Because of the heaviness of the screen, it was difficult to get the spline in, but once you do, it makes it all worth while to know you have a product that can stand up to 15 pound cats.
May 31, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by booklady Attractive
I too have a screen climber cat, but this stuff is fantastic! Also, it looks very nice on my windows from inside & outside. The breeze flows great. Reused old spline too. An all around winner!
November 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nbaird This stuff is like Iron!
We have multiple cats and one in particular that likes to claw the screens in our house. We used this product soon after moving into our house 9 years ago and over the course of a few years we replaced all the screens on all our windows. Despite being clawed and climbed on almost daily, 9 years later the screens still look like new. There are no signs of wear whatsoever. Truly an amazing product!
May 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KL1955 Excellent Value
I used this to rebuild a very old screen door on my daughter's 101 year old house. It turned out to be an outstanding choice. The price was very good.
May 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Karen This screen is amazing!
I was questionable at first when finding this product...BUTafter purchasing and installing it, it is WONDERFUL!!! We have 3 cats that like to test it out all the time. We installed it about 6 months ago, and claw after claw, not one cat has snagged or ripped the screen.
It looks just as good as new since the day we installed it. A great item. I highly reccomend this for any cat owner!!!
December 5, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Charles Works as advertised!!!
My cat chewed through the aluminum screen in only a few weeks. I installed the petscreen about 2 years ago. My 17lb cat climbs the screen regularly and this material is still nearly new looking. It's entirely the dirt on it that says it isn't new.
July 1, 2013