Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 22
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Claire Gets the job done!
This sander is easy to use and works great for sanding drywall fast!
March 30, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Libbybobibby Easy to use
The customer service was outstanding ! The rep in Largo worked with the 800 rep to find a way that I could purchase this while outside Canada
June 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by carpenter Makes drywall sanding a pleasure
Very efficient, lightweight and virtually dustless. Used only one disc to sand joints on 30 sheets of drywall. Very short learning curve if the included instructions are followed.
December 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bobby Should of got This 10 years ago
This tool is unbelieveable. Sanded a 5 ceilings in a hour would of taken 5 hours the old hand sanding way.. I was tired the first half hour but after taking a small break np and no mess .. Best tool I ever bought!!!!!!!
March 29, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by carole Waaaay better than hand sanding and much less dust
My husband got this to help with sanding ceilings. Yes, it's a big, clunky tool, but he loves it. It's not too heavy, and it made sanding a breeze. Does a great job of sucking up the dust while you sand. He's definitely glad he got this sander. Comes with only one sheet of sandpaper, so you may want to pick up some extras.
August 13, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JB Great tool
I rented this from local home depot to test out if it really worked as advertised. I sanded a hallway, staircase and some basement walls and ceilings in about 20 minutes with this tool - it left minimal dust and did a great job of smoothing the feather edges. I had done this job by hand before and it took 3 hours and left a ridiculous mess.
A couple of points:
- make sure you have the proper attachments/adapters to connect to your shop vac; I luckily have collected a bunch of different ones over the year and was able to find one that worked.
- make sure you get enough sanding pads, especially if you are going to be doing places that have outside corners or go into door frames. I had one rip when it went over the edge.
- speaking of outside edges, this is the only real time the sander doesn't suck dust or takes a bit too much off if you're not careful. It's not a flaw; you just have to be aware so you don't mess up your mud job
- it does get a little heavy after a while, mostly because you are reaching out with a 62 inch stick that is eight pounds.
- the sander itself does not detach from the pole, so it's difficult to maneuver in tight spaces. There was one section in a bathroom I couldn't get to because the head would not fit between the toilet and the wall.
Overall I was very impressed - enough that I will consider actually purchasing this tool before my next big drywall project. At the very least, I will rent it again!
June 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dave Spend money, save time.
I'm a DIY guy who is remodeling/updating a 83' ranch home. The ceilings are textured and I want them flat. I thought I could wet and scrap the texture right off. Nope. Took me a week to do one room.
That's when I started looking for a tool to help. I found this one from Porter Cable and decided that with the rest of the house to do, it was worth the cost.
It's a little large for small rooms but man does it make short work of the job. I was able to finish rooms in just a day vs a week.
I wouldn't call it dustless but it was still 5 stars. There was just a light amount of dust.
The only other bad thing is that it is tough to find replacement or different grit sanding disks. I had to go to eBay and to find them. Otherwise it is a life saver of a tool.
December 10, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Talley Handy but not as ideal as expected
Fellow using this found it a bit heavy, and the grit of the original paper more abrasive than expected, wished we had an easy way to reorder sanding wheels, and with a choice of abrasion (like 100 grit)
February 10, 2015